USA to host FAI World Championships for Spacemodels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it's on US soil. I might make an effort to stop by and check it out, even though I have no idea what the rules or competition categories are.

But July in TX?
Was Black Rock desert deemed too balmy?
:rabbitdontknow:

What’s going to happen about motors?

The organizers will be providing motors for all contestants. This event will be a NAR event run under NAR insurance at a US launch site. Therefore we will be using only motors certified for use, sale, and transport in the US. In short, NAR Certified motors.

James

But July in TX?

Early July is when all US K12 students are out of school and available to participate. Any earlier than that and you run into classes ending on the coasts. Much later than that and you run into schools in the south starting.

We want an absolutely massive US Junior team.

Besides, what could be more American than the 4th of July at a rocket contest?

James

With the event just three moinths out, I am surprised there is not a little more discussion about it in here.

I and a couple of freinds are planning on attending to spectate for a couple of days. Our interests are mostly RC RG and Scale, so will be there for those days.

I noticed that the site changed from the Firefly Aerospace site to the Apache Pass site. I have been to some RC events at Apache Pass and it will be a great site for the Worlds.

I realize this event is 100% about the World Championships, but would there happen to be any opportunity to fly personal models before or after the official events days? (I understand this is unlikely, but wanted to ask.)

I and a couple of freinds are planning on attending to spectate for a couple of days. Our interests are mostly RC RG and Scale, so will be there for those days.

Don't just come and watch! We have a very real need for timekeepers on the first two days of the competition, July 3 & 4. If you can help all day, both days, drop me a line.
I noticed that the site changed from the Firefly Aerospace site to the Apache Pass site. I have been to some RC events at Apache Pass and it will be a great site for the Worlds.

Yep. The complexities of running an event of this scale on a ITAR-compliant site just became too weighty. As you note, Apache Pass is a great site for an event like this, though.
I realize this event is 100% about the World Championships, but would there happen to be any opportunity to fly personal models before or after the official events days? (I understand this is unlikely, but wanted to ask.)
Sorry, just no bandwidth for that, I'm afraid. Jim Jarvis is putting together a doozy of a high-power demo for July 6, though.

See you there,
James

Back