US Source for Rowes Retainers?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've about convinced myself that I ~need~ one of those cool cone/nozzle looking retainers made by Rowes. But they're across the pond...

Are there any sources in the US?

Thanks,
John

I don't know about Rowes. But I think mine look just as good.
What do you think John. (Turbo) ?

well.....

I didn't know you made those too....

Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance. :eek: :D

Let's talk,
John

Rowes makes a great product but, mid adds that extra hand finish effort to his work...

heres a pic of his 29mm cone and his 24mm straight retainer

he cuts snap ring grooves at both ends of the 24mm so you could cut it in half and get 2 retainers for the price of one.

the pictures do not show the mirror finish very well

I have a 24mm retainer by Midpwrguy (GMMC ;)) it is really nice, I need to put it on a rocket so that really nice shiny finish can get some use

I have several of his 24mm straight retainers. Yes...they are very nice. One is on my SHX-15B...the other one WAS on my Big Daddy until it CATO'd on me. I'll clean it up and re-use it.

On the cone retainers. Does the cone screw in on threads, or does it attach with a snap ring? (24mm size)

Thanks,
John

That nozzle retainer would just use a snap ring. With the way the nozzlle comes out on a angle. It will be alittle hard to get the snap ring in and out. If you was to move up in size. Like the 29mm or the 38mm this would give you more room to play with in getting the rings out. But I'm sure if you were to do it a few times. You could get them in and out with no ptoblems. Here's the last one I did. Comes in at 3.2 grams. Now you would'nt have to use them hooks on the aerotech 18mm. Cases.

Back