US Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bladespin

Reaction score
Hi.
Is US rockets still in business? I live in UK and emailed them twice about postage costs as a friend and I wanted to buy a couple of kits. But its been a week and I have received no reply :(

I can only conclude that either they are no more, or they don't care much about overseas trade.:confused:

Looks like we are in the same boat here.

I emailed USR about 3 days ago and I haven't had no reply.

Any of the over sea's members care to reveal what Jerry is up to?

Cheers,
Karl

I've delt with Jerry before, and his responses have normally been lightning quick. Maybe hes off launching rockets?

Congreve had a pile of USR kits for sale at UKRA, last week. Maybe its worth trying them.

I tryed to order some kits from him I sent the order three times and never got a reply.

about two years ago I ordered a rocket from him and got bent over and rammed. he charged my card, then didn't deliver the rocket, so after a week or so I emailed him again about the whereabouts of my rocket, and he said it was on it's way.

Two weeks later I asked him to refund my card and cancel the order, but instead, he charged me AGAIN. I went straight to the card company and called fraud, which got the charges dropped, but I will never again even consider doing business with someone that unethical.

I have one of his kits- the Miniroc 1.2. I haven't done buissiness directly with Jerry, as I won this kit in an EMRR contest. He's definatly still in buissiness, though I don't know how good his service is. Good luck.

Originally posted by rocketkyle
I have one of his kits- the Miniroc 1.2. I haven't done buissiness directly with Jerry, as I won this kit in an EMRR contest. He's definatly still in buissiness, though I don't know how good his service is. Good luck.

I also have one of the USR kits, the Weightlofter. Excellent quality, and it was free so that's what makes it better! Jerry was so nice to post the kit out, just because I was interested in it here on TRF.

Karl

Once had trouble with one of my email addresses not getting through Jerry's spam filter, but other than that, I've found USR really easy to deal with.

I've known Jerry for 30 years or so. I can honestly say I have never been burnt by him, but maybe that's because I have never bought anything from him. I know plenty of people who have been burnt though. Dealing with Jerry is like playing craps, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. He runs hot and cold, there are times you can get good service, other times, none at all. So do you feel lucky?

When he sends you the stuff before you pay for it, it's hard to see how you can get burned.

Well, assuming it's shipped legally...

From the instaship list on the USR website, ( https://v-serv.com/usr/instaship.txt ):

"Instaship is temporarily suspended while we gear up for new product releases.

Order by email with your shipping address and list of desired items.
We will ship it to you. Pay after you get it please. Please do pay.

Lead times are running 7-28 days."

So right now might not be the best time to order direct from them. In the past I have ordered items listed on the instaship list and have received them very quickly. Plus it is nice to be able to get your stuff before you pay.

Back