The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who_Cares

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on US Composite's epoxy for my Wildman Punisher 3 build. Mainly, I just want to know which resin and hardener I should get for fin fillets. The medium hardener seems to be the one recommended by US Composites, but then should I use the thick or thin reason. Will this combination be heat resistant enough for the fillets on the mmt? Additionally, should I add some chopped fiberglass to my fillets?

I would suggest the 635 THIN EPOXY SYSTEM Medium and getting Cab-O-Sil and milled glass as the thickener for the fillets. I have used the US Composites 635 THIN EPOXY SYSTEM to build a 75mm minimum diameter and fly it on an AeroTech M775W (this was the prototype to the M685) and it held up fine.

Having used both the thick is only a bit thicker than the 635 Thin, both need to be amended with Cabosil (I also add the 1/32 milled glass fiber) to thicken. Phenolic micro ballons and wood flour make a nice fairing compound that sands easier than the Cabosil amended epoxy. The cured epoxy emwill be fine for the mmt fillets.

Back