URRG September 23,24 Launch. Potter NY 18 K

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the URRG club for another awesome launch! I was only there Saturday morning but the club did an awesome job of getting rockets up and down safely and efficiently!

Hope to make it out again this year, but if not I can't wait for the 2018 flying season!

Well,,
You just can't write a script any better then this weekend...
What a wonderful weekend my wife and I had...
A fantastic dinner at that restaurant in Canandaigua...
A ton of laughing around the fire Saturday night,,
and a gorgeous, beautiful Sunday to follow...
Thank you all so much,,
I know putting on the launch is an awful lot of work...
As usual,,
I can't wait till next month,, lol...

Teddy

Just got home, what a great weekend and some awesome launches! Thank you to everyone involved.

As I was leaving Torrey Farm I spotted something on the way out.

37269970692_4736876776_b.jpg

Teddy, Mike and Larry, you recall our conversation on Saturday night...to quote Larry you can't make this stuff up. This beaver was probably over 3 feet long from nose to the end of it's tail, maybe longer. He/she was munching on the weeds all around it in the picture and it could not of cared that I was in my car about 10' away, it just kept munching.

I do indeed remember the conversation and No!.......You can't make this up :rofl:

What an amazing weekend of flying.

Nobody's gonna say it..
Nobody's gonna say it..

Nah nah na nah nahhhh...

Lol..

Teddy

My son Henry and I had such an amazing weekend. The group out at URRG is just incredible. Although all did not go well with the catastrophic failure of my first two stage attempt putting a damper on things Saturday afternoon we still had a lot of fun. We enjoyed a wonderful night under the stars at the Country Charm Campground. Henry and I came back Sunday and just enjoyed the weather and had some great fun flying a bunch of Estes that we brought along. I have already started the process of trying to rebuild and am hoping for good weather and a return in October to try again.

My son Henry and I had such an amazing weekend. The group out at URRG is just incredible. Although all did not go well with the catastrophic failure of my first two stage attempt putting a damper on things Saturday afternoon we still had a lot of fun. We enjoyed a wonderful night under the stars at the Country Charm Campground. Henry and I came back Sunday and just enjoyed the weather and had some great fun flying a bunch of Estes that we brought along. I have already started the process of trying to rebuild and am hoping for good weather and a return in October to try again.

Andrew - it was a pleasure parking next to you! Thanks for putting up with my son climbing around your car and sitting at your feet while he played with Henry's toys. Ryan had a blast and we hope to see both of you at future launches!

No problem Dan. Henry had a lot of fun with Ryan and all the other friends he made throughout the weekend. It was a pleasure meeting your family and we can't wait to come back.

Hello,

I lost two rockets at the URRG launch on September 23. I was wondering if anyone have seen them?
One was a blue and orange 3" Concept76 and he other was a 54mm dark red with white conical nose cone.

-John

Back