Quantcast

URRG Black Friday and Saturday Launch Cancelled

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Larry W

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
336
Reaction score
35
Hi Team. Sorry to announce that we decided to cancel the Black Friday Nov 25 and Saturday Nov 26th launch due to weather.
The local conditions haven't been good and the weekend is looking worse. I was off and looking forward to some end of year flying but I guess it will have to wait. If you read this post and know of anyone that was coming out please let them know. I guess Ill be looking to score on some Blk Friday rocket deals instead.
 

EXPjawa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
57
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
Damn, I already had the truck packed. I sorted through my motors and everything...

I didn't think the weather looked that bad. Probably no chance of a rain date?
 

RKeller

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
21
The weather isn't too bad now, but potter had close to 2 ft of snow monday. The field is bad. I went out yesterday and it's a mess. There is snow, mud, and standing water everywhere. I'd be game for a rain date.
 

Mdutch

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2011
Messages
203
Reaction score
16
Location
Rochester, NY
Someone would need to check with Dan S. to see how he set up the yearly waiver. The club used to do a blanket waiver from the 1st of April until the 30th of November. Unless Dan set it up to go to the end of the year this could be the last launch that URRG can hold until we apply for the waiver next year.
 

EXPjawa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
57
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
The weather isn't too bad now, but potter had close to 2 ft of snow monday. The field is bad. I went out yesterday and it's a mess. There is snow, mud, and standing water everywhere. I'd be game for a rain date.
I didn't give any thought to the condition from the snow. I doubt, then, it would get much better before spring even if a rain date was available. Maybe we can get started all the earlier next season...
 

RKeller

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
21
If the ground is frozen and there isn't a lot of snow we could do it. We'll have to see what the dates are for the waiver.
 

Mdutch

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2011
Messages
203
Reaction score
16
Location
Rochester, NY
The one thing that creates issues with the FAA is when a club tries to change their waiver parameters before they are finished for the year as it causes them problems to modify an existing waiver. IF our waiver is finished for this year there is nothing that would cause problems to set up a new waiver for the next season. Say from Jan. 1 2017 until Dec. 31, 2017. It does take a little while to approve a waiver so if the club wanted to do this the new waiver application should be submitted to the FAA now instead of yesterday, just saying, it is possible.


Although it is probably too late to get a waiver for before the end of this year, next year if the club wanted to do a Polar Bear Launch the opportunity would be available to have a Polar Bear Launch, or a pre Christmas Launch , or even a Christmas Tree Launch after the fact , what ever.
 
Last edited:
Top