URRF6 June 21, 22, 23th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me this is one of the best parts of our hobby and community. Natalie is a new member of our club, a first time URRF participant and perhaps a Space X engineer some day. There is a Type O on her achieving her Level 1 certification. But none the less, a great accomplishment for Natalie and a terrific new member to our community.

https://www.chronicle-express.com/news/20190628/shes-shooting-for-mars

This is a great article From a local news paper. Though there are a few inaccuracies here, this is how the TMP, (Tripoli Mentoring Program), works for TRA Members who are 12 - 17 years old. Basically they can fly up to and under the supervision of whatever their Mentor can fly. Actually the test they take is a shortened version of the TRA L2 test and once they turn 18 they do automatically become a L1.

This weekend during our July Launch Natalie will be prepping and flying one of two rockets under my supervision. Either my 4" Performer 98 on an Aerotech M1297 or my scratch built 6" rocket on a 5 grain 75mm research motor, (M1500), with my Trip Red formula in it. (Weather and clear skies permitting)

Back