URRF6 June 21, 22, 23th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to all of our club members and club supporters, we have some great news to share! We are making infrastructure update's to our club. First update which is well underway and will be completed by end of May, is the entry road to our site. A well needed update! No small task, mud and sludge had to be dug out and removed. Holes filled and 400 ton of rock spread through out and leveled off.

The road looks fantastic and we have many more improvements in the works. So keep an eye out as we move forward.

View attachment 381820

Work in Progress!

Hey! I work on those New Holland machines. They are pretty good. Nice job on the infrastructure updates.

URRF6 in Potter, NY is just around the corner and it's a premiere event not to be missed.This year's event has an 18,000' waiver and an "O" impulse limit. Every year it just keeps getting better. Our vendor support offers some of the biggest names in rocketry from low and mid to high power. You can check out the URRF6 web site @ urrf.us Registration is open. Don't forget to get your URRF6 T-shirt and raffle tickets for some amazing prizes. This year we are celebrating the "Apollo 11 Mission" -- 50 years.
Can't wait to get there and get things going!! First time camping for the entire event. Great people, short lines, great recovery space. 2 hydraulic towers can't wait

Great Vendors! Incredible Raffle Prizes! Get your raffles now at a discount to the field price!

Is it true you have to be a Tripoli member to fly at URRF?

Can I fly low power/mid power without being a Tripoli member?

Is it true you have to be a Tripoli member to fly at URRF?

Can I fly low power/mid power without being a Tripoli member?

You need to be either a NAR or a TRA member to fly anything over a 'G' motor. As an adult we prefer that you are one or the other so you have the insurance that either organization provides each of their members.

Also if you are a NAR only member you must fly under the NAR safety rules.

ALL of our monthly launches and URRF is following TRA/Tripoli research rules which allows for NAR only members to fly with us.

Great Vendors! Incredible Raffle Prizes! Get your raffles now at a discount to the field price! ALL LOC Precision Kits are Courtesy of Performance Hobbies

As we said we are having road work improvements done on the Potter Field. This will be from the barns out to the parking lot and range field, (to the big burn pile)
Also included here are some of the field conditions for those of you who would like to see how baring the fields are.

Attachments

• By the Barn.jpg
    By the Barn.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Skid Steer.jpg
    Skid Steer.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 1 Grader.jpg
    1 Grader.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 2 Muck Digging.jpg
    2 Muck Digging.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 3 Stone.jpg
    3 Stone.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 4 Oasis Turn.jpg
    4 Oasis Turn.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 5 Field Conditions 1.jpg
    5 Field Conditions 1.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 6 Field Conditions 2.jpg
    6 Field Conditions 2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 7 Oasis field and Trailer Tree Stump.jpg
    7 Oasis field and Trailer Tree Stump.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 8 Dead Trailer Tree.jpg
    8 Dead Trailer Tree.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 79
Heyy,,
I just listened to the radio broadcast..
How cool is that..
That oughta drive some interest fer sure..
Really cool guy's..
Good for you..
The pics of the road are just insane..
The amount of work done is just incredible..
Way too cool..
What a great year this is gonna be..
I can't wait..
And too kick it off----
URRF.....
Say no more,, lol..

Teddy

I am planning on making the drive up from Binghamton for one day of the weekend as a spectator as long as the weather is okay, any suggestions for a newbie who has never been to an event like this? I'll be bringing the wife and my almost 13 year old son.

Also a few questions I hope aren't too dumb:

Is it ok to bring a pop up tent to have somewhere shady to sit?
Would be okay to bring my Phantom 3 Adv drone if it's flown respectfully away from people and launch pads?
Is the parking near the spectator area? I have a bum ankle that probably won't be better in 2 weeks and on crutches, I'll walk if need be but my doctor would prefer me to minimize walking.

Thanks in advance everyone!

1. Yes. Most people have pop ups

2. Speak to the URRF staff when you get to Potter about when and where a drone can be flown..there will be limitations

3. Parking is in very close

4. Bring chairs, sun screen, hats...not much shade on a farm, other than popups.

5. There will be a hospitality tent that will have some small rockets available for your son to fly...

1. Yes. Most people have pop ups

2. Speak to the URRF staff when you get to Potter about when and where a drone can be flown..there will be limitations

3. Parking is in very close

4. Bring chairs, sun screen, hats...not much shade on a farm, other than popups.

5. There will be a hospitality tent that will have some small rockets available for your son to fly...
Thank you so much! I am really excited to see these amazing rockets fly.

Hey y'all... I'm stoked for URRF... Be in the road headed that way in one week.
The Illinois boys are working hard on getting something awesome ready for URRF 6.
My personal rockets are just about ready, all except for motor selection.
Hey Teddy... You gonna make some of that awesome iced coffee for me again? It's not URRF till I steal a drink from you and Sandra!

Hi Team. For those thinking of coming out to URRF - 6 Listen up

I have some real time updates that you should know.

1.The road was graded and hundreds of tons of stone put in.

2. The field that we use for URRF has no onions the farmer left it empty. They bottom plowed it and disked it and planning a second disk. There's not a weed or grass on it and its flat.

3. This year has had a lot of rain. The farmer just started planting corn today as the fields dry quick on this farm. They just planted 140 acres and more going in tomorrow.
What does that mean for us ? The fields will be flat and smooth with nothing more than a few inches by next week. Think lunar surface.

4. This year the vendor gods have rained in on us like 18 prizes to win so buy tickets and bring rockets.

5. URRF is noted for short lines and quick turn arounds. We have the field set up to launch left and right banks switching every 15 minutes 36 pads a side.

I have been on this field since 2009. I honestly believe from being out here, this is going to be one of the best launches to be had on this field to date.

If your planning a launch this year this is the one to carve the schedule for.

Ill get some updated camping info tomorrow if your coming out to camp as well.

in 9 mins its 9 days away pack your bags.

Last edited:
Hi Team. For those thinking of coming out to URRF - 6 Listen up

I have some real time updates that you should know.

1.The road was graded and hundreds of tons of stone put in.

2. The field that we use for URRF has no onions the farmer left it empty. They bottom plowed it and disked it and planning a second disk. There's not a weed or grass on it and its flat.

3. This year has had a lot of rain. The farmer just started planting corn today as the fields dry quick on this farm. They just planted 140 acres and more going in tomorrow.
What does that mean for us ? The fields will be flat and smooth with nothing more than a few inches by next week. Think lunar surface.

4. This year the vendor gods have rained in on us like 18 prizes to win so buy tickets and bring rockets.

5. URRF is noted for short lines and quick turn arounds. We have the field set up to launch left and right banks switching every 15 minutes 36 pads a side.

I have been on this field since 2009. I honestly believe from being out here, this is going to be one of the best launches to be had on this field to date.

If your planning a launch this year this is the one to carve the schedule for.

Ill get some updated camping info tomorrow if your coming out to camp as well.

in 9 mins its 9 days away pack your bags.

Ohh mann,,
hat sounds just fantastic..
Thank you so much Larry..
Sandy and I can't wait..
This is going to be a launch and a half,, lol..
I still have a lot to do to get everything ready..

Yep,, I'll have some smokin ice coffee for ya Erik,, lol..

Teddy

One of the things I am bring to fly is a 11.4 inch monster that Mike fro Mac and myself started back at mini Midwest power with Joe rice and Eric Cz Selflessly putting some hard work to get this monster done for next week.
Mike if you wouldn’t mind posting some of the pictures we of the work we did a couple weeks ago

I've been out of the loop on TRF for quite a while, but this is as good a reason as any to come back. This launch is going to awesome. Looking forward to camping with the group and seeing some great flights. I'm scurrying to get a couple recent builds painted...

Menace painted 1.jpg Menace parts 1.jpg Menace parts 2.jpg
One of the things I am bring to fly is a 11.4 inch monster that Mike fro Mac and myself started back at mini Midwest power with Joe rice and Eric Cz Selflessly putting some hard work to get this monster done for next week.
Mike if you wouldn’t mind posting some of the pictures we of the work we did a couple weeks ago

So, just a couple pics to hold you over. The rocket is called "MENACE 442". It measures 11.4 in diameter and stands 136" tall. We plan to fly it Saturday (June 21st) at URRF6. On the opening day of URRF we will be releasing the MENACE 442 as a 4" kit available in Glass from Wildman Rocketry or Canvas from MAC Performance Rocketry. The 442 stands for a 4" kit, Four fins, and two manufacturers. This is something we don't think two manufacturers have ever done before.

More details and pics to follow over the next few days. The 4" kits are HED (head end deploy) with a 54mm motor mount that will hold up to a 6gr. case but will also fly on small 38mm motors.

Back