URRF6 June 21, 22, 23th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going to be a URRF for the record books,,
I just can't wait..
This is one of those launches that you just wish could be more than once a year..

Teddy

Fliskits is sponsoring an alphabet race this year. Free for all. Trophy and cash prize for 1st place and cash prize for second place. A thru G. I will post the rules shortly

We had a really nice club launch this weekend, the field looks great and It's all coming together well. The URRF 6 clock is T-minus 32 days an counting down!
Get your rockets, supplies and tents ready. URRF 6 will be here soon!!!!!!

Fliskits ALPHABET RACE

www.fliskits.com

Although we all love to see the big rockets fly, there are a number of people that invest a lot of time and money in the smaller low power rockets and /or are not level certified, including kids. Most every launch has drag races, odd roc, altitude, etc. contests for the high power boys and girls, but the low power people are often overlooked.

Rules

Simple, a single flyer is required to fly a series of motors in alphabetical order A- G. TRA rules apply, including inspection and launch rod angle.

The flyer must successfully launch the rocket, retrieve it, and bring it back to the alphabet registration table with the spent motor still inside and get their card stamped. The first one to successfully fly A - G wins.

No more than 1 flight can be finless / tumble recovery, i.e. Stealth, Spool, or Pyramid.

The same flyer must bring his or her rocket back every time

The contest starts after the flyers meeting on Saturday morning and finishes?

No more than 1 type of motor allowed per flight

We will need a minimum of 6 preregistered flyers to participate. There is no maximum number of participants.

Prizes

!st Place $150 plus trophy (and bragging rights)

2nd Place $75

FAQ

Who can participate: There are no age restrictions, any URRF registered flyer can participate.

Is there an entry fee: No

Can I fly the same rocket for multiple launches: Yes, as long as it has fins and an active recovery system. Only one flight can be a finless rocket.

Can I use a different rocket for every launch: Yes

What is a successful flight: The motor must ignite and the rocket leave the pad at a safe velocity as determined by TRA. The active recovery device must deploy.

What happens if I lose my rocket: It happens, keep trying. You are not penalized for a lost rocket, other than lost time looking for it. For example, if you don't find your D powered rocket, you will need to re fly D and move on from there.

32 days ain't soon enough... I'm super excited. Very glad to hear about the road improvements. Even more glad to hear about some of the featured flights! O motors are always awesome...

Fliskits ALPHABET RACE

www.fliskits.com

Although we all love to see the big rockets fly, there are a number of people that invest a lot of time and money in the smaller low power rockets and /or are not level certified, including kids. Most every launch has drag races, odd roc, altitude, etc. contests for the high power boys and girls, but the low power people are often overlooked.

Rules

Simple, a single flyer is required to fly a series of motors in alphabetical order A- G. TRA rules apply, including inspection and launch rod angle.

The flyer must successfully launch the rocket, retrieve it, and bring it back to the alphabet registration table with the spent motor still inside and get their card stamped. The first one to successfully fly A - G wins.

No more than 1 flight can be finless / tumble recovery, i.e. Stealth, Spool, or Pyramid.

The same flyer must bring his or her rocket back every time

The contest starts after the flyers meeting on Saturday morning and finishes?

No more than 1 type of motor allowed per flight

We will need a minimum of 6 preregistered flyers to participate. There is no maximum number of participants.

Prizes

!st Place $150 plus trophy (and bragging rights)

2nd Place $75

FAQ

Who can participate: There are no age restrictions, any URRF registered flyer can participate.

Is there an entry fee: No

Can I fly the same rocket for multiple launches: Yes, as long as it has fins and an active recovery system. Only one flight can be a finless rocket.

Can I use a different rocket for every launch: Yes

What is a successful flight: The motor must ignite and the rocket leave the pad at a safe velocity as determined by TRA. The active recovery device must deploy.

What happens if I lose my rocket: It happens, keep trying. You are not penalized for a lost rocket, other than lost time looking for it. For example, if you don't find your D powered rocket, you will need to re fly D and move on from there.

Great of you to take care of this Eric..
Great way to pay forward..

Teddy

Looking forward to this and helping with LCO duties! BTW, does anyone have an Aerotech 2560 75mm case I can rent/borrow for a couple flights? I have the closures,ect.

Last edited:
Fliskits ALPHABET RACE

Eric I really like that post 101 its going to be fun to see happen.

Those printed URRF 6 rockets fly really nice. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of those in different colors.

If your planning on camping well figure out a way to get you in. There's a little wiggle room just get ahold of me with your tent or camper size and well figure it out.

I cant wait its almost June

Fliskits ALPHABET RACE
Eric I really like that post 101 its going to be fun to see happen.

My daughter Lauren and I are going to join in the Alphabet fun. I've got a couple of the URRF rockets printed out that we'll fly in the race as well.

I'm looking forward to the launch and good times at Country Charm!

cheers - mark

20190530_090002 (Medium).jpg

I just tried to register a BFR. When it came to the sim file, it states a rocksim file (.rkt) is an invalid format.....

This is the LAST Day for T-Shirt Orders for URRF 6 - If you want one - Best to Order it today. Field Supply will be very limited.

What happens when 2 of the best kit manufactures in the world start messing around in a shop together ?
IMG_0356.JPG IMG_0357.JPG IMG_0358.JPG
Really cool things.
Mike was right its not going to be a VW or snowmobile but it might be a s04-Hurst-Olds-Trio.jpg

Last edited:
Back