URRF6 June 21, 22, 23th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
URRF6 in Potter, NY is just around the corner and it's a premiere event not to be missed.This year's event has an 18,000' waiver and an "O" impulse limit. Every year it just keeps getting better. Our vendor support offers some of the biggest names in rocketry from low and mid to high power. You can check out the URRF6 web site @ urrf.us Registration is open. Don't forget to get your URRF6 T-shirt and raffle tickets for some amazing prizes. This year we are celebrating the "Apollo 11 Mission" -- 50 years.

Hey everyone, don't forget to register your BFR's too. All BFR's will be placed on the featured Flights Page as well but as your BFR coordinator I want to see what your planning to fly on our field. It's my job to make sure nothing flown could blatantly cause any issue and/or be unsafe. We don't want to loose our field for any reason.
Also I'm requesting help from those of you flying these BFR's, I need help with transporting these rockets out to the away pads and help with the Roving BFR RSO'S, If you are an L2 or L3 we could use your help with pulling shifts for the ACT Team, (Away Cell Transport crew) And if you are an L3 or TAP or L3CC I could use your help with Pulling shifts for Roving BFR RSO's. I also tend to get a lot of request for L3 Certifications so you may be asked to help out with that as well.
Looking forward to seeing all of you at URRF 6 this year.

Fly high, Fly Safe,
Dutch

This will be my third visit to URRF. What a great group of guys and gals. Lots of opportunity for camaraderie during and after the launch. ...and a number of the best vendors in the sport on site.

My third year heading that way. I wouldn't miss URRF for anything! What a fantastic launch and an even better group of people. I'm counting the days till I head out on the highway from Illinois. I wouldn't give up a week of vacation for any other launch, honestly.
What should I bring this year, guys? Maybe it's time for the Gizmo XL-DD-V to launch again? M1939? Think the wife would mind? LoL...
Nor likely a DarkoStar (been saving a K1440 for a good cause!), Maybe the Skunk Ace (if I can build it by then).
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. .
And this year, I'm driving the Four-wheeler back from Smuggler's... No arguments!

Cz Cant wait to see you and the gang. The camping at country charm is building each year. I really look forward to that part of the event, camp fire and friends. I might be bringing one of my military vehicles this year to haul stuff.

Ohhh mannn,,
I can't wait..
Talk about one of my favorite launches for the whole year..
The flights are insane,, all day long..
And the fire on Saturday night is just not to be missed..
Wooooo hooooo..
Man, you get me smilin and excited just thinkin about it..

Ok,,
Ready,,
is it time yet ??
Lol..

Teddy

Usually I'm too busy doing BFR Management to fly anything. But hopefully I'll get some help this year so I posted a BFR on the URRF 6 website and maybe I'll actually get the rocket finished in time. You can follow the build under "Scratch Build" here on the TRF, look for 'XXreme Blue'.

Yeah alright, so I've been taking my time with this build, I mean really taking my time. Have I mentioned just how much I 'LIKE' working with blue tube yet?

Usually I'm too busy doing BFR Management to fly anything. But hopefully I'll get some help this year so I posted a BFR on the URRF 6 website and maybe I'll actually get the rocket finished in time. You can follow the build under "Scratch Build" here on the TRF, look for 'XXreme Blue'.

Yeah alright, so I've been taking my time with this build, I mean really taking my time. Have I mentioned just how much I 'LIKE' working with blue tube yet?
Tell ya what... I'll sacrifice a few hours of time to help with BFRs... As long as I get to drive Tim's 4-wheeler. ;-)

All signed up, bought the t-shirt, got some raffle tickets, booked my hotel room from the 19th to the 23rd so I can help setup, and submitted my BFR request. Looking forward to seeing everyone, eating chicken wings at Smugglers and sitting around the camp fire at Country Charm.

All signed up, bought the t-shirt, got some raffle tickets, booked my hotel room from the 19th to the 23rd so I can help setup, and submitted my BFR request. Looking forward to seeing everyone, eating chicken wings at Smugglers and sitting around the camp fire at Country Charm.

hhhmmmmm,,
Did I register yet guy's ???
I get all of the big launches for the season confused...

Teddy

Sad to say that I will miss URRF this year. I will be working IREC/ESRA at Spaceport that week end. Wishing all of you blue skies and ZERO wind!

Looking forward to having a beer or two with you Mike.

Mannn,,
Would you believe you guys r getting me excited already...
What a totally fun weekend this launch is..
From the top to the bottom,, from the time you get there..
I really can't wait..

Teddy

Sad to say that I will miss URRF this year. I will be working IREC/ESRA at Spaceport that week end. Wishing all of you blue skies and ZERO wind!

I am VERY sorry to hear this Gary...
You will be sorely missed..
Be safe man..

Teddy

Tell ya what... I'll sacrifice a few hours of time to help with BFRs... As long as I get to drive Tim's 4-wheeler. ;-)

Eric, when you register for URRF 6 please go to the volunteer sign up sheets and pick a day and time that you would like to help by being a 'Roving BFR RSO Manager'. I'm holding off on signing up for those positions until I see who will help, thanks.
Also don't worry about Tim, we can just "distract" him until you can take off with his 4 wheeler, but one way or another we will get you as 4 wheeler to use during your shift or shifts, how ever many your willing to do. any help your willing to give will be greatly appreciated.
Mike Dutch

I am VERY sorry to hear this Gary...
You will be sorely missed..
Be safe man..

Teddy
Thanks Teddy. It really pains me to miss this launch, but I need to spend some time giving back to the hobby that has given and done so much for me. See you at Mini MWP and LDRS?

Don't forget no rocket eating trees, no thirsty water traps and no onions...oh I may as well request rainbows and Unicorns while I am at it.
And no trips to the ER this year!
Eric, when you register for URRF 6 please go to the volunteer sign up sheets and pick a day and time that you would like to help by being a 'Roving BFR RSO Manager'. I'm holding off on signing up for those positions until I see who will help, thanks.
Also don't worry about Tim, we can just "distract" him until you can take off with his 4 wheeler, but one way or another we will get you as 4 wheeler to use during your shift or shifts, how ever many your willing to do. any help your willing to give will be greatly appreciated.
Mike Dutch
Will do. I was just thinking it might be a good idea to keep Tim away from his 4-wheeler this year...... LoL! [emoji6]

I need to get busy and finish building something new for URRF6. I'm thinking a couple BRF's to keep Eric busy. ;) Craig at Country Charm camp ground said he has reserved all the camp sites in our area for the flyers and that its starting to fill up already. This year promises to be an event you really should put on your calendar. Teddy......Thanks for registering for me. I mean that is why you registered twice right? I can't wait to drink adult beverages around the campfire with everybody. See you in June!!

Gary well miss you but understand. Mikes right the camping is going to fill up and we are going to have a great time. CZ tks for helping with the BFR's I have a feeling that there is going to be some neat big ""hit going up this year. M Pit we have a extra sleeping bag in case CZ runs the atv out of gas and you have to spend the night at the campsite. Did someone say something about adult beverages.

haqhhahaahahahahzhahahah

see ..

dats what im talkin bout..

I can't wat fer dis launch..

Teddy

I want to make sure Dutch will have something to due as the roving BFR coordinator. In order to help get things going I thought I would share a few of the rockets I plan to fly with M-N class motors. Still working on motor selection.

Mac Performance, the new 6" Super Black Fly 75mm
Mad Cow DX3 8" 14Ft tall. 98mm
Wild Man 6" Ultimate Interceptor 98mm
Mad Cow 4" Tomach 75mm.

Well the vendor list for URRF6 is filling up fast. You'll find a huge selection of motors available from CTI, Aerotech, Loki and Estes. This will be a great opportunity for you to purchase your motors, check out the selection of kits and components, and see some of the newest products from top names in rocketry. It's never to early to place your orders for pick-up at the field.

The list so far includes;
Wildman Rocketry, MAC Performance Rocketry, One Bad Hawk, Performance Hobbies, Flis Kits, Rocketarium.com and more on the way!

Latest posts

Back