URRF6 June 21, 22, 23th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well heck... Who am I going to spoon with?

If its anyone but Tim you're gunna have to do some esplaining!

Yeah,, I thought you were Tim's squeeze..
I hope Jackie doesn't find out...

Ya know the funniest part about this,
It's going on and Tim has no idea..

I can't wait till he finds out, lol..

Teddy

Well the vendor list for URRF6 is filling up fast. You'll find a huge selection of motors available from CTI, Aerotech, Loki and Estes. This will be a great opportunity for you to purchase your motors, check out the selection of kits and components, and see some of the newest products from top names in rocketry. It's never to early to place your orders for pick-up at the field.

The list so far includes;
Wildman Rocketry, MAC Performance Rocketry, One Bad Hawk, Performance Hobbies, Flis Kits, Rocketarium.com and more on the way!

Wildman will definitely be there

This thread is heading in a bad direction. Not too late to Pull Up. MarsaSystems will be there also (with a 3 cluster hybrid planned).

This thread is heading in a bad direction. Not too late to Pull Up. MarsaSystems will be there also (with a 3 cluster hybrid planned).

That will be very interesting to see John, are you going to need any special GSE for that?
I'm going to request that you file a BFR flight on this rocket, I'm really interested in seeing this flight go up.

That will be very interesting to see John, are you going to need any special GSE for that?
I'm going to request that you file a BFR flight on this rocket, I'm really interested in seeing this flight go up.
I'll bring my own gse. Yes bfr is appropriate, it will be a complex L or M depending on the tank temp.

hmmm think I'm bringing two O motor projects

Jumbo darkstar with the final iteration of my hammerhead blue.
4 inches 9 grains, just kinda topped out. No more length after that - diminishing returns at 9.5 grains :<
Bullpuppy with a 6 inch motor....haven't decided more then it will have between 3 and 5 grains. I'll need a little help getting that one on the pad....

hmmm think I'm bringing two O motor projects

Jumbo darkstar with the final iteration of my hammerhead blue.
4 inches 9 grains, just kinda topped out. No more length after that - diminishing returns at 9.5 grains :<
Bullpuppy with a 6 inch motor....haven't decided more then it will have between 3 and 5 grains. I'll need a little help getting that one on the pad....

Make sure you register them as BFR's and we'll make sure you get help loading them on the pad.

Add Marsa Systems to the vendor list.
John, We're so glad to have you back again this year. Everyone should stop by the Marsa Systems booth to see his interactive displays and top shelf products. Keep an eye on the BFR section of the URRF6 website for his Hybrid cluster flight. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Add Marsa Systems to the vendor list.
John, We're so glad to have you back again this year. Everyone should stop by the Marsa Systems booth to see his interactive displays and top shelf products. Keep an eye on the BFR section of the URRF6 website for his Hybrid cluster flight. I'm really looking forward to that one.

My "go to" altimeter for the "primary"
is always a Marsa ..
I have a few 54L's..
Fantastic altimeter,, super accurate and quality piece..

Teddy

what campsite is everyone talking about?
Hi Paul,

"Country Charm" camp ground is where we all stay. I guarantee you'll have a great time. Don't wait to long to get your reservations in. The owner reserves a large section for us and as of now there are only six sites left if you want to join the party.
Country Charm Camp Ground
(585-739-1841)
[email protected]

Hey y'all... I finally got around to registering.
Not sure what I'm bringing to fly. I've got a bunch of White Lightning from the Black Saturday sale, so I've got to burn that. OR... Perhaps I'll bring the Gizmo XL-DD-V for a long ride and a nice boost out in the hills. We'll see how motivated I am after school lets out...
I tried signing up for volunteer work, but the website wouldn't let me log in. I tried Google Chrome, Firefox, even AVAST. I can't get past the login screen. And yes, my basic maths is correct (to prove I'm not a computer). LOL

Hi CzTecherman,

Thank you for letting us know, and no worries your math is correct. We are working on the issue now.

Once we get it fixed, or install a new Calculator, we will be sure to let you know so you can go back in and register to volunteer.

Its very kind of you to volunteer, and we truly appreciate it. Its people like you that allow our club to put events on like this. Our volunteers help make it all happen and we thank you!!

Jerry Briggs
URRG VP
www.urrg.us
www.urrf.us

CZ Iam looking forward to hanging out with you and the motley crew. I loved hanging out at Midwest, Wildman has quite the weasel pit and the fire was the kind I like. Its almost time to raid our chicken coop. Oh Ya its going to be all Good.

Hey y'all... I finally got around to registering.
Not sure what I'm bringing to fly. I've got a bunch of White Lightning from the Black Saturday sale, so I've got to burn that. OR... Perhaps I'll bring the Gizmo XL-DD-V for a long ride and a nice boost out in the hills. We'll see how motivated I am after school lets out...
I tried signing up for volunteer work, but the website wouldn't let me log in. I tried Google Chrome, Firefox, even AVAST. I can't get past the login screen. And yes, my basic maths is correct (to prove I'm not a computer). LOL

All set and fixed, you can go back in and sign up. Any issues let us know or you can send me a pm.

-Jerry

All set and fixed, you can go back in and sign up. Any issues let us know or you can send me a pm.

I just tried, still can't get it to work. I'm able to log in if I click the 'Log in' button at the top right of the screen but as soon as I go to the Volunteer page, it shows this message :

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

The log in box appears on the volunteer page but if I try and log in there it just returns the same message.

cheers - mark

I just tried, still can't get it to work. I'm able to log in if I click the 'Log in' button at the top right of the screen but as soon as I go to the Volunteer page, it shows this message :

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

The log in box appears on the volunteer page but if I try and log in there it just returns the same message.

cheers - mark
I agree Mark and I see the same issue. I see there are two log in options on the screen, one in the upper right hand corner of the screen and one middle of the URRF page to the right side. The one middle of the page does not seem to be operational. The one on the upper right hand corner is. However once you log in using the one in the upper right hand corner and then gain access you it does not allow you to volunteer. We are going to see what we can do to fix it over the weekend, but we may have to wait until Monday.

As soon as the Webmaster repairs it I will be sure to let you know.

On a side note we have plans in the fall to upgrade our website:D

Jerry

I had that too. I just figured it was too early to volunteer..

And if I recall, some elements of the site seemed 'last year' (pulling up URRF5 data)

Usually I'm too busy doing BFR Management to fly anything. But hopefully I'll get some help this year so I posted a BFR on the URRF 6 website and maybe I'll actually get the rocket finished in time. You can follow the build under "Scratch Build" here on the TRF, look for 'XXreme Blue'.

Yeah alright, so I've been taking my time with this build, I mean really taking my time. Have I mentioned just how much I 'LIKE' working with blue tube yet?

Question: I have a box of sky lanterns I can't use where I live. Can they be flown at the launch site?

Would anyone be coming to the launch with hybrid GSE that is Contrail compatible, that might have 10 to 12 pounds of nitrous available for an EX launch?

Gerald

Gerald maybe down the road this is something to look into for a club to have available. I never got into them but we have had a few requests. Hopefully someone has GSE to accommodate and if so id love to see the operation. Would love to see it Go!

I expect to have my own GSE ready by the time of the launch, except for the tank and the nitrous. So I would not need everything. And of course I'd pay for the nitrous!

Gerald

Get ready, y'all... Tim is cooking up an idea for URRF this year. ... Weeeeeeeeee

I just registered, but am having trouble with the BFR form. I fill it out and hit "submit", and it comes back with an error

Please make corrections below and try again.
ERROR: Misconfigured email address in options.

Email looks ok to me. Tried both Firefox and Chrome

Back