URRF UDATE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdutch

Reaction score
URRF is just around the corner and will be here soon on June 25th -27th We will be shutting off t shirt pre sales on June 1st. So if you want to get a shirt in the style and size you want you need to register and order now. There will be a very limited amount of shirts available for sale on the field and they will be in one style and one size only!

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

EX Class offered at URRF
EX CLASS OFFERED DURING URRF BY BEN RUSSELL

Tuition is $350/student.

Class

• Thursday 24th 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and Friday the 25th 10:00 am to noon.
  • Place TBD

Registration with payment would have to completed by June 14th. Minimum number of students is 5 with a max of 10.

OVERVIEW

Introduction to Propellant Making

The following topics are covered in the workshop

• How to safely handle and store chemicals and propellants

• What is needed to get started

• Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including clothing, gloves etc.

• Chemicals

• Mixers

• Casting sets – mandrels and caps

• Liner / casting tube sets

• Vacuuming

• Motor hardware

The process of mixing and packing AP based propellants. Overviews of Burnsim, Open Motor and ProPep 3 The student leaves the workshop

• With a good understanding of what it takes to safely mix, cast, and store their own propellants.

• Having mixed and packed a 3 grain 54mm J class reload

• 3-ring binder containing all of class materials and discount coupons

• Custom 3 grain casting set which includes a 5/8” x 14” AL mandrel, 3D printed base and casting caps compatible with the Aerotech 54mm EMK motor kit. The class motor is an Aerotech 54mm 3 grain single use EMK motor kit which is included with the class. The student does not have to provide their own hardware.

The following additional materials are emailed to each student after the class

• Discount coupons • Excel based mixing sheet with 2 starter propellants – Tiger Tail and Mitch White

• Tiger Tail and Mitch White Burnsim and OpenMotor simulation files.

For additional information and class schedules

• Contact – Ben Russell

• Phone – 703-853-6060

• Email – [email protected]m

Last edited:
To answer questions:
Tim; urrf.us
Gary; I don't believe there are any restrictions but check the website it's being updated almost on a daily basis.

Really Looking forward to URRF 7.5 this year. We have a great team. The camping at Country Charm is going to be a blast. Get your shirts ordered as that is closing in a few days. I look forward to seeing all those we missed last year.

Really Looking forward to URRF 7.5 this year. We have a great team. The camping at Country Charm is going to be a blast. Get your shirts ordered as that is closing in a few days. I look forward to seeing all those we missed last year.

I like the way you think Paul. When covid hit last year that was a discussion for 7.0 but covid changed things a bit longer then expected. Having second larger events for clubs is a great idea but they really require a lot of dedicated volunteer workers that are always hard to find. I guess for this year our friends up north could fly in so they tell me.

Hi all,
2 weeks ( or so ) until one of the absolute most fun launches of the year..
This is one of those that you look forward to all year..
This is one of those you put together a special build for..
And it's not just one of the coolest rocketry events of the year,
it's just as much about the camaraderie..
This is one of those launches that we get to see people we haven't seen in a year..
How wonderful is this going to be ??
On those lines,
There will be a fantastic food vendor on the field all 3 days of the launch,, Donuts2BBQ..
The food is just fantastic, the meat from their smoker is to die for..
And the best part,
they've agreed to stay later on Saturday evening so we can all hang out together on the field and have dinner together..
My wife Sandy and I did this just a month ago after a launch and we all laughed and laughed until our side hurt..

Saturday evenings dinner is already taken care of,
and you don't even have to go anywhere..
Just stay put on the field and we'll have a wonderful time laughing and laughing..

My wife and I just can't wait for this launch..

Teddy

Ohhh mannn Paul..

Not funny at all..

I'm so sorry man..

I am 100% confident your smokin flights will be sorely missed..

I'm really sorry Paul..

Teddy

URRF is one of my favorite launches. Can't wait to see friends I haven't seen for two years. Unfortunately, it'll have to be three years for my Canadian friends.

Just two wishes: no rain and no onions.

i heard rumor Teddy is even going to fly a rocket (might want to dig a bunker)

Ohhh mannn Paul..

Not funny at all..

I'm so sorry man..

I am 100% confident your smokin flights will be sorely missed..

I'm really sorry Paul..

Teddy
thanks Teddy!!

Yeah, I (we) kinda feel like we've been grounded

Actually I'll miss the parties at Country Charm more! :D :eggnog:

thanks Teddy!!

Yeah, I (we) kinda feel like we've been grounded

Actually I'll miss the parties at Country Charm more! :D :eggnog:

Paul,
Timing is everything..
The way things are going I'd think they'll open the Canadian border soon..

I just wish it was today..

Teddy

URRF is one of my favorite launches. Can't wait to see friends I haven't seen for two years. Unfortunately, it'll have to be three years for my Canadian friends.

Just two wishes: no rain and no onions.

Well Fred,
Lets just put it this way..
At least you've got a decent chance on getting your wish on the weather.. lol..

Teddy

Mann, am I excited for this launch..
This is one of the coolest most fun launches of the year,
always has been, no surprise there..
But now Marsa and I have just gotten together on a super special deal on Marsa altimeters..
And this NEVER happens..
I have never ever seen a deal of any kind or amount offered on a Marsa altimeter, until now..
For everyone going to this launch, keep your eyes open and your ear to the ground..
This special deal on Marsa altimeters will be announced at the launch..

Ohh, did I tell ya,, I just can't wait, lol..

Teddy

Tic Toc..
I just get so excited before a big launch..
You get to see everybody you haven't seen for so long..
And you get to see the coolest flights of the year..
I just saw the BFR list, lol..

Teddy

Hi Team. I cant wait for the event. Anyone wanting to tent camp we have a large area set up by country charm right next to the rocket campers, so your set if you would like to join in with the Motley Crew. Plenty of room. Call Craig at Country Charm. Tent camping is discounted to $20 a night for Rocketeers in our area.

Don't forget Saturday after the fld closes we are having dinner on the fld. The food vendor is going to be selling great dinners and we are all going to have a fun time post flights on the fld. The food is great and the price is right so save your appetite and plan on spending the evening after the launch eating and having fun with the entire flight group OH YA.

Make that PUPPY fly.

I just might bring and fly the Andromeda.
1623350458192.png

Tim Lehr

Last edited:
Fliskits is sponsoring the alphabet race again this year. Simple rules. Cash prizes and a cool trophy. No entry fee.

To my Canadian friends, I owe you the correct plaque for your trophy from the last URRF. Can you PM me your address?

We've arranged for dinner on Saturday evening to be for the entire field, on the field..

No reservations, no advance notice, just a great meal that makes some more time hanging with some great people
that it's just been wayyy too long since we've seen..

The folks doin the cookin are "Donuts2BBQ" out of Penn Yan NY..
When you see their menu you won't believe this is for and at a rocket launch..

Teddy

I have other business upstate..
I'm leaving home in the morning..
I was just typing to Becky of Donuts2BBQ..
Her menu looks so good, I'd venture to say- best food at a launch I've ever had, by far..
Sandy and I are just so excited for this launch, AND for the dinner at the field on Saturday..

I just can't wait to see everyone..

Teddy

Mark we are going to miss you and all our friends up north big time. We have a few camping spots open if anyone wants to fly over and rent a camper.
I am so looking forward to this weekend. The URRG team has everything ready and we are looking for
URRF 7.5 to be the best yet. Saturday night dinner on the field will be fun dont forget to bring hungry. Remember sun screen and stay hydrated.

Back