URRF 6 Water Landing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozef

Reaction score
The second launch of my MAC Peformance 3FNC at URRF 6 found the very full and flowing drainage ditch not far from the away cell. When I first got to the rocket, the airframe was floating with the recovery harness and nose cone snagged on the bottom. Mike Crupe and I returned with a telescoping fiberglass pole and retrieved the rocket. It took several attempts as the rocket was now moving briskly in the current. Unfortunately the Jolly Logic Chute Release, being submerged for over an hour, no longer functioned. When I returned to the motel I sent an email to John Beans with the story. He replied, send it in. John later confirmed after inspection that the chute release was dead and he was sending me a new unit. That is outstanding customer service. I have two JLCR's and they fly in every rocket I own that is not altimeter controlled dual deploy. The 3FNC is unscathed after the soaking and will continue to fly.

B5YJ9bYfS%ic4voEfBjefw.jpg

Glad to hear it's all final again. John is awesome. He replied to my questions about my JLA 2 & 3 to "send it in"... I know he'll take care of me, I just have to get around to sending them. This only after years of great usage and abuse.
Honestly, I have yet to find any Rocketry vendors that fail at customer service. What a great community!
Love that 3FNC, glad it'll fly again!

Back