URRF 2022 In the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate NY..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onebadhawk

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello All,,

URRF 8 will be held June 24 - 26 2022.
As it is each and every year, the URRF event in beautiful Potter New York is a must go on your rocketry calendar..
You will see some of the coolest flights you'll see all year long no matter where you fly..

The raffle prizes are going up on the URRF site now and the list is just growing and growing
thanks to the generosity of the wonderful vendors and manufacturers we have in rocketry..
When you see some of these raffle prizes you're going to flip..

We have a food vendor that will just ruin you for dinner, lol..
They bring wood fired smokers right to the field and start smoking the ribs the night before..

Come one come all,, if you have those in your party that aren't into flying rockets ( as ludicrous as that sounds )
don't forget we're in the spectacular "Finger Lakes" region of upstate New York..
There is something to do for everyone, from site seeing to visiting the vineyards and wine tasting..

The URRF registration website is up and running. You can register at urrf.us

The URRG Board of Directors look forward to seeing you there.

As always any questions please reach out to us at [email protected]

Thank you always from the bottom of our hearts,
for your continued support over the years..

URRG BOD

1646584461404.png

Last edited:
Iam looking forward to another great year. The food Teddy mentioned is really off the rail good. Gary I had a lot of fun hanging out with you last year you'll be missed. The weather is breaking and things being opened up sure makes flying a lot easier. I look forward to the camping at country charm its always a good time.

Love this launch and the folks that run it! Going to miss it this year due to Spaceport. Sigh.........
Ohhhh mannnnn..
Say it ain't so Gary....
You sure are going to be missed...
My fellow New Jerseian...
Be very safe and have a wonderful time at the port man....

Teddy

Registered!!! It should be a great time with great people.
96 Days Till URRF,,,,, ARE YOU REGISTERED????????? Hope to see you all there.....
Can someone give me more information on this? I 'd like to come as a spectator but seeing as how I don't drive I don't know how I would manage it, I live in NorthEastern Pennsylvania and and I haven't flown anything in over 30 years because there's absolutely nowhere left to fly here.I'd like to become active again but I might have to go out of town or possibly out of state.How far is this area in driving time from here? I contacted the NAR section in Lancaster County, where my brother lives, to see what they could tell me about their section and their flying accomodations, hoping to hear more from them soon.

Can someone give me more information on this? I 'd like to come as a spectator but seeing as how I don't drive I don't know how I would manage it, I live in NorthEastern Pennsylvania and and I haven't flown anything in over 30 years because there's absolutely nowhere left to fly here.I'd like to become active again but I might have to go out of town or possibly out of state.How far is this area in driving time from here? I contacted the NAR section in Lancaster County, where my brother lives, to see what they could tell me about their section and their flying accomodations, hoping to hear more from them soon.
Ok Relative,,
Here you go,,
This is the clubs website where you'll find all of the information about the club you'd need..

https://urrg.us/
And this is the clubs site that's specific to this launch

https://urrf.us/
There you'll find all of the info about this particular launch..
Please keep in mind this is a national launch..
Folks come from far and wide to launch with us on our beautiful field in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York..
You're going to see some of the coolest flights you've ever seen at this launch..
And if you have a significant other that would enjoy one of the most beautiful regions of the country,,
there's plenty to do in the area for other visitors as well,, wine tasting and visiting the vineyards being a staple for us..

Come up and enjoy with us..

Teddy

Relative & buck you both would really enjoy this event. It's really fun and made up of so many that have been hanging out for years. The field and waiver is great and the food vendor is really good. Id plan on getting a room in Penn Yan its only 5 miles away and the entire area is a destination. Great restaurants wineries etc. Bring the wife family and friends there's plenty to do for all. We would love to see you guys. Iam sure you'll get kick started again.

Relative & buck you both would really enjoy this event. It's really fun and made up of so many that have been hanging out for years. The field and waiver is great and the food vendor is really good. Id plan on getting a room in Penn Yan its only 5 miles away and the entire area is a destination. Great restaurants wineries etc. Bring the wife family and friends there's plenty to do for all. We would love to see you guys. Iam sure you'll get kick started again.
Well I would love to come, however I don't drive and it might prove difficult to find a way to get there.I don't believe anyone from this area would be traveling there either so I don't know how I'd manage that.I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Man, I love the countdown, lol..
This is one of those we really look forward to..
In the whole year how many launches do you get to see those from all over the country, and some insane flights too boot..

The answer, just not often enough..

4th weekend in June..

Teddy

Man, I love the countdown, lol..
This is one of those we really look forward to..
In the whole year how many launches do you get to see those from all over the country, and some insane flights too boot..

The answer, just not often enough..

4th weekend in June..

Teddy
I would love to but I just don't have any way of getting there from here, and there's no one from here who would be going anyway.

Where are you Relative ??

Teddy
I'm in Pittston, Pennsylvania, just a few miles south of Scranton, and just north of Wilkes- Barre.Things are complicated forme cause I don't drive.It's been decades since I've flown anything, I have a few unbuilt kits but that's about it.

I'm in Conklin, NY, an hour north of you ... has to be someone closer that might offer a ride, we'd have to leave awfully early to go 1.5 hrs out of the way ( total time to Pittston and then to launch vs straight to launch site ). Do you have anyone would meet someone partway if needed, etc.

I'm in Conklin, NY, an hour north of you ... has to be someone closer that might offer a ride, we'd have to leave awfully early to go 1.5 hrs out of the way ( total time to Pittston and then to launch vs straight to launch site ). Do you have anyone would meet someone partway if needed, etc.
No, unfortunately it's just me.I don't have any rocketry related contacts and I don't know anyone outside of the area. Supposedly there are some NAR members somewhere around here but we've never met.

I was hoping someone might see these posts and be in a position to help / give you a ride there..
Still might,, cross your fingers..

Teddy

I was hoping someone might see these posts and be in a position to help / give you a ride there..
Still might,, cross your fingers..

Teddy
Yes indeed, I was told there are a few NAR members within around a 15 mile radius from Scranton, however I would not have any way of knowing if they're connected on here or not, I might e-mail them to see if they can give some idea of whom might be in close proximity to me here,one of them has contacted me recently but I haven't heard from him in about a week or so.

Got money? Grayhound Scranton to Geneva NY, $34. Plus Uber for the short hops.

Got money? Grayhound Scranton to Geneva NY, $34. Plus Uber for the short hops.
Where exactly is Conklin located, is it in the Binghamton area? Last time I was in that area was over thirty years ago.And just where is this event being held?

Where exactly is Conklin located, is it in the Binghamton area? Last time I was in that area was over thirty years ago.And just where is this event being held?

Just southeast of Binghamton, about 15 miles or so. right on Rt 81. We used to fly with the group in Nicholson, PA until they lost the field, too bad, would have been much closer to you .

Just southeast of Binghamton, about 15 miles or so. right on Rt 81. We used to fly with the group in Nicholson, PA until they lost the field, too bad, would have been much closer to you .
Yeah, a shame, I think I was still driving a t the time too, but it was also when I stopped flying regularly. I've heard of Nicholson but I don't really know where it is, I'm not familiar with anything north of the Scranton area.I did all my flying down here in the Plains area where I grew up.I did ok for a number of years, until they built a new school on my site, so that pretty much did it for me.The trees around here loved me cuz I kept feeding them, lol. Where do you fly now? All the available land here has been developed.So now I can build all I want but I can't fly.Water, Water everywhere but not a drop to drink.Here's my E-mail address, drop me a line if you feel like it:

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Allentown and I am planning on going. I can pass by Pittston and pick you up.
Really?That's great news. How well do you know the area?I live in an {REMOVED ADDRESS}, it's in the downtown area and very easy to find. Are you just going for the day or are staying for the weekend? Thanks so much for the invite, it's been many many years since I had the opportunity to do this. Do you intend to fly or just be a spectator?I probably wouldn't, have anything ready to go by then.I'm just starting over again after several decades of inactivity.Oh, by the way, my name is George, what's yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Relative,
You seem such a nice man..
I can't wait to meet you..
I sure am glad you found a way to get to the launch..
You're going to see some smokin flights for sure..

Relative,
It just isn't safe posting such detailed personal information on a public forum these days..

I have asked moderation to remove your address and phone #..

Thank you anywhoosie though..

Please come say hi at the launch..

Teddy

Back