URGENT: TV Movie!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Tonight, 8pm EST, October Sky is on your ABC station!

:D :D :D

Jason

I also have the video...I just can't seem to want to get it out and put in in...all that...three button pushes and it's on!

:);)

Jason

I just turned it on...

CURSE THESE STINKIN CENSORS!!!! The movie is no good once they chopped it up... There are so many swear words in the movie, they had to change every other sentence! I flipped it on at the part where that guy is beating up Odell (i think...), and instead of "if this boys father were alive he'd kick your @$$" they changed it to "if this boys father were alive he'd kick you butt". And it was normal, then a VERY OBVIOUS change in voice, Hickam SR. yells "BUTT!" instead of "@$$!". Very annoying.

I shudder to think what they did to the scene where they are fighting and shooting that old car with a 22... :eek:

We hates em we does...

Originally posted by Neil
I just turned it on...

CURSE THESE STINKIN CENSORS!!!! The movie is no good once they chopped it up... There are so many swear words in the movie, they had to change every other sentence! I flipped it on at the part where that guy is beating up Odell (i think...), and instead of "if this boys father were alive he'd kick your @$$" they changed it to "if this boys father were alive he'd kick you butt". And it was normal, then a VERY OBVIOUS change in voice, Hickam SR. yells "BUTT!" instead of "@$$!". Very annoying.

I shudder to think what they did to the scene where they are fighting and shooting that old car with a 22... :eek:

We hates em we does...

Me too, takes all the fun away from it. As for the car scene, I think they probably left it alone except for the part where Roy Lee says, die, you son of a b!#$, I'm sure that was edited.

lol... Yea, I bet they DID edit that... :D

You know the woods scene where they are blowing the crap out of an old car with a 22? My friend's teacher was showing that movie in class, and he skipped that scene because he thought they were hunting squirrels. If there is a reason for not showing that scene in school, its definetly NOT the .22... :D

actually I think he just says "SUNUVA B!$#", not "DIE, YOU SUNUVA B!$#"... But still... I wouldent really reccomend showing that movie to a bunch of 11 year olds in an elementary school... Whats it rated, anyway? Something big for language... :D

I believe it's PG, should really be PG-13.

He does actually say die. I had my TV on closed captioned and it happens to be one of my favorite parts of the movie.;)

I'd like to do that to my computer sometimes.:rolleyes:

I watched it, and they did butcher it up, I don't like watching commercials either

to the tv execs to complain about censorship, it might help change things.

parents can be censors for their children, the government ought to stay out of the censorship business.

the FCC is out of control only because we LET them be.

some of those forensic shows are very graphic !
like the one where they follow the homicide detectives or the forensic detectives around for 48 hrs after the crime..

I think some of the censorship has to do with how late in the evening the show airs.although they usually have a warning between commercials..yet they will edit out a mild cuss word on the same show.doesn't make sense

Originally posted by Elapid

parents can be censors for their children, the government ought to stay out of the censorship business.

So true. In any case, parents should take responsibility for bringing up their kids, not delegating it the the TV (and other media) and _then_ complaining about what's on the TV!

If your kids already know right from wrong, then seeing wrong on the TV isn't going to make them bad people. If anything, it'll help prepare them for the real world.

That's not to say that I _don't_ sometimes censor what my kids watch on TV, but you get the general picture.

I agree... Its just silly. Do they think it will be worse for a 8 year old to be flipping through the channels and hear the word "@$$", or be flipping through the channels and see a bloody corpse being chopped up with a hacksaw (for instance... :rolleyes: ;) )?

The latter would proabably give the poor kid nightmares for weeks, but just hearing a swear word wont do much of anything... :rolleyes:

And then there are Super Bowl halftime shows... :rolleyes: :kill:

Originally posted by jetra2
I also have the video...I just can't seem to want to get it out and put in in...all that...three button pushes and it's on!

:);)

Jason

I went the other way. I got the talking book version of Rocket Boys. I'm more interested in what went through his head than some producer's idea of what should go into a movie.

Im re-reading the book right now... Pretty good... I love the line:

"BCMA had rocket-attacked the coal company"

:D :D :D

Where can I get the original book before Hollywood butchered it?

The latter would proabably give the poor kid nightmares for weeks, but just hearing a swear word wont do much of anything...

Besides, I'd rather know swear words and know when to use them so I don't make an *** of myself in public. If I swear myself occasionally, I won't freak out when I hear it in public. I'll just let it pass because it is a part of this world today.

People can take Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera being pretty provocative but can't take one accidental step beyond with Janet Jackson.

Back