Urgent, looking for LPR Black Friday sales.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.
Reaction score
Money is burning a hole in my pocket for a tree full of rockets!

I'm making lists (plural) for each LPR website and checking it twice, but I haven't seen anything nice.
(Edit, oh I've seen nice, but not a nice Black Friday Sale)

I'm wondering who's gonna get my Christmas bonus. Any takers out there, laggers beware?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think there's more to this song somewhere out there.

Last edited:
I just ordered 14 starter sets from Estes for Family Christmas Gifts, plus a few other things for myself of course ( BT-55 & BT-60 Mix and Match at a super price also.)

They were $10.50 each! What a bargain! All E2X with launch pads and controllers. Then bought a 24 pack of engines from Hobby Lobby and used the 40% discount coupon, $24, another great bargain! Dollar tree for CA. Still need to get white glue and batteries.

Christmas is almost done for me!

I had the shopping list ready yesterday and it disappeared today, almost had a heart attack thinking I missed the Sale, but it was still on, so went ahead and pushed the payment button.

Now I better find something nice for the wife, NOT ROCKETRY!

I'm feeling good now, but waiting for the other Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales to give me buyers remorse. Oh well, it's done now.

[emoji848] I’m not sure about any Black Friday Sales, but I do see a couple black rockets (aka X-15’s) in my near future![emoji106]

I just ordered 14 starter sets from Estes for Family Christmas Gifts, plus a few other things for myself of course ( BT-55 & BT-60 Mix and Match at a super price also.)

They were $10.50 each! What a bargain! All E2X with launch pads and controllers. Then bought a 24 pack of engines from Hobby Lobby and used the 40% discount coupon, $24, another great bargain! Dollar tree for CA. Still need to get white glue and batteries.

Christmas is almost done for me!

I had the shopping list ready yesterday and it disappeared today, almost had a heart attack thinking I missed the Sale, but it was still on, so went ahead and pushed the payment button.

Now I better find something nice for the wife, NOT ROCKETRY!

I'm feeling good now, but waiting for the other Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales to give me buyers remorse. Oh well, it's done now.
I was under the impression you could no longer use the 40% off coupon for rockets and motors.

I was under the impression you could no longer use the 40% off coupon for rockets and motors.

If an item has a red and yellow sticker, no 40 % but if it has a regular sticker then yes. The kits at my HL have the yellow/red but the motors have the regular stickers.

-Bob

I agree, my wife had been at another HL a few weeks ago and they denied her for rocket stuff. She was UPSET, had it with the manager. Made a seen.

This was a different store. The cashier asked if I wanted to use my 40% coupon, I told that I couldn't on the rockets and motors, and she said sure you can. Before I could react, two ladies whooped there phones out with coupon on the screen for me. The cashier scanned it, knocked $13 of the $40 box of 24 A8-3 and scanned then the Nike X and Luna Bug, ran my card and out the door I went pretty darn happy. And then went to Michael's for 50% off the $10 hole puncher.

Major good day!

I agree, my wife had been at another HL a few weeks ago and they denied her for rocket stuff. She was UPSET, had it with the manager. Made a seen.

This was a different store. The cashier asked if I wanted to use my 40% coupon, I told that I couldn't on the rockets and motors, and she said sure you can. Before I could react, two ladies whooped there phones out with coupon on the screen for me. The cashier scanned it, knocked $13 of the $40 box of 24 A8-3 and scanned then the Nike X and Luna Bug, ran my card and out the door I went pretty darn happy. And then went to Michael's for 50% off the $10 hole puncher.

Major good day!

Enjoy !

Hobby Lobby's are notorious for this kind of thing. On any given day (except Sunday), at any given store, with any given cashier, they make/break their own rules. Go in to the same store next week maybe you get lucky maybe not.

Watch for an announcement from JonRocket.com coming soon.

JonRocket.com's Annual Holiday Sale begins on Thanksgiving, November 28, and runs through December 6. During the sale, almost everything listed on our web site will be on sale with savings of up to 20% (maybe more) off our already discounted prices. The sale prices will go into effect in the early morning hours on Thanksgiving and the specials will be updated late each evening during the sale. Please shop early to save more.

https://www.jonrocket.com/

Plus … every order earns Rewards Points good toward a future order.

Estes website has some great deals in their black friday sale. I saw The Executioner for $ 10.25

YES, MEGA SAVINGS ON ESTES SITE!

I ordered early, I'm relieved that the starter kits were the same price, but the Mix-n-Match did drop about $8 each.

Great deals at Estes, but the Executioner and the Honest John are already sold out. :(

Yeah, I got 8 from Estes, and the Aerotech HV Arcas package (with 29 mm casing and two reloads) from Buyrocketmotors. Looked at Madcow, but everything I wanted was already out of stock last night before the sale started, so I skipped that one.

I took advantage of Estes Black Friday Sale and I have 9 rocket kits coming.
I had more than twice that many in my cart, but I had to end up settling on 9.
Just enough to get Free Shipping.
Some of the one's in my cart that didn't make it were not in the sale, but one's I've wanted.
But the wife had promised our son a PS4 Pro Console for Christmas, so I dished out over $316 to (chock, cough, gag..."whispers") Walmart online.
The cheapest place. That leaves just enough for the month to skimp by...I hope.
Crossing my fingers and hope the old Ranger makes it another month before it needs more repairs.
$771 a month don't go very far these days for a family of 3.

Back