urgent: Half-price sale at Skylighter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
No, I am not part of Skylighter, don't own any stock, have never even met the people.

I just thought a few of this bunch might want to take advantage of a half-price sale they have tonight, Wednesday, and thru Thursday night. Better move fast.

Half price on everything. And anything. In any amounts. Plus some free goodies tossed in on top. You may have to sign up for their newsletter, but it is free (and kind of interesting).

Check it out at: https://www.skylighter.com/HalfPrice.html

Mods: I hope this does not violate any policies or cause any problems---if so, just scratch the post and I'll consider my hand slapped.

getting some 400micron AP and plenty of chems for pyrotechnic activites!!!

Ben

Ill send you with an E-mail about our June 28th Fireworks show. Over 350 shells lasting 20-30min. Complete with music.
Ben

Fireworks are cool. In this area we shoot a bunch of big fireworks on July 4th to celebrate Independence Day. Nothing special noted on my calendar for June 28th though...(?)

Oh yeah, thanks for the heads-up there, Ben!

Last edited:
Fireworks are cool. In this area we shoot a bunch of big fireworks on July 4th to celebrate Independence Day. Nothing special noted on my calendar for June 28th though...(?)

Oh yeah, thanks for the heads-up there, Ben!

Well, we will be gone for LDRS over July 4th so we are doing it the weekend before (the 28th) but I do have some smaller stuff I am going to bring to a friends for the 4th.

Ben

I like that you can pick up David Sleeter's book: Amateur Rocket Motor Construction for a mere $33 (+ shipping)!! The local Barnes & Noble has it for $120+

got some good stuff from skylighter!! They even gave me 100ft of fast visco for placing such a large order.

Ben

Received my order today. They emailed me after placing my order that some things were backordered so the wait was expected. They sent some really cool extras with my order. The things I did order are great quality and will reorder more when needed. Thanks powderburner for cluing us in on there sale.

Andy Hansom

I aint got 'jack' yet.

It seems that everything I've ordered online recently takes forever. I've ordered a thousand rounds of ammo quite awhile ago and had my credit card charged immediately. Then I got a message that it wouldn't get to me until late April.
Its a conspiracy I tell ye.

I aint got 'jack' yet.

It seems that everything I've ordered online recently takes forever. I've ordered a thousand rounds of ammo quite awhile ago and had my credit card charged immediately. Then I got a message that it wouldn't get to me until late April.
Its a conspiracy I tell ye.

You forming your own Army or sumpin??:eek:

Oh, wait, never mind..Guess I should clean the sleep gunk out of my eyes..I thought it read POUNDS not ROUNDS, there is a big difference!:eek:

I have not received my order either, but I am not worried. These guys apparently got a response to their sale offer something like 10x larger than they ever expected. They sent out a follow-up email (at least they did to me) asking who needed their stuff in a big rush, and they (skylighter) would try to push those orders towards the top of the list. I have had good service from skylighter before and I am sure my order will show up here in good time.

As to:
You forming your own Army or sumpin??

1,000 rounds really isn't that much. I used to go through that much in a couple weekends at the target range.
The problem these guys are seeing with prices is probably because we have a war going on, and many of our national resources are going into that effort. Since military ammo is about 99% common with civilian, this chews up a lot of powder, a lot of the bullet manufacturing capacity, likewise primers. And the cartridge case (being brass) price is undoubtedly suffering the same escalation as all copper products these days. Prices will probably even out again in a couple years, after we withdraw from Iraq...unless we enter Iran.
Anyway, skycopp, have you checked out Cheaper Than Dirt? They run sales quite often and seem to have some pretty good prices.

The problem these guys are seeing with prices is probably because we have a war going on, and many of our national resources are going into that effort. .....

Anyway, skycopp, have you checked out Cheaper Than Dirt? They run sales quite often and seem to have some pretty good prices.

Ammo sales have jumped 100% since the 08 elections. I've checked CheaperThanDirt, but my favorite brand/caliber is OutOfStock/Cannot Be backordered.

Back