Upscale version of a Estes Goony Bird

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought an Estes Fat Boy with the intention of making a Goony Bird out of it.

I'd like to build the "Sky Shriek" and found the instructions on JimZ's site. But it's missing the fin pattern and decal sheet.

Can anyone help me out?

I've been wanting to submit some stuff to JimZ for a while, and have sent him a couple of emails telling him my wishes to do so with a request regarding what format he wants it in, etc.

However, I have no response from him as of yet. If anyone has any luck getting in touch with him, let me know.

Originally posted by Fore Check
I've been wanting to submit some stuff to JimZ for a while, and have sent him a couple of emails telling him my wishes to do so with a request regarding what format he wants it in, etc.

In the past when I sent data to Jim he wanted the instructions in grayscale/lineart about 175dpi tiff format. Front cards and decals in color jpg 300dpi. Jim did this as a labor of love for the sport, and I belive it took on a life of its own. If he seems slow, keep in mind the beast he is holding the tail of! I had sent actual kits to him in the past, i.e. Centuri Space Shuttle, so he could scan and clone parts, and he and I agreed that there was no rush on them. He had them for months, but got what he needed, and I got them back in good condition. He and I both paid shipping and insurance out of out own pockets for this, so I know for him it is a labor of love, to keep the old kits alive! As stated there is now the "Ye Old Rockeshoppe" that is archiving kit plans as well to help insure the history of our sport.

Happy Flying!

How about a 4" upscale. Any one seen one?

Get in touch with FishHead (Bill Eichelberger) on here. He's built upscales of (I believe) the entire set.

Back