Upscale Thrustline Duster - Level One Question/Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the L1! :):D

Glad to see you got the 38mm hardware. With the 38mm and electronic bay (you didn't mention it but I assume motor ejection on the cert flight) you are well on your way to DD, I motors, and mile high flights.

I would suggest you build a different rocket for your L2 instead of putting a 38/720 casing and baby J in this one, just because.

Again, congrats!

First off, congrats on the L1! :D I will greet you as I was greeted after accomplishing this task:'Welcome to High Powered Rocketry! Now, open your wallet!':roll:

Awesome looking build! Am sure you will post it later, but gotta ask anyways..LOL..You got a RockSim file for this puppy? Looks like a project I may undertake..Keep showing the build, I am sure there will be something new to learn!

Thanks! You are not the first one to utter that famous HPR greeting, my wallet has managed to make the transition to HPR pretty well so far :D

I certainly do have a Rocksim file, it's a little ragged at the moment. Once I got the final weight and GC measured I didn't keep it up real well. It should be good enough to mess around with though... enjoy

View attachment hi_power_duster 38mm 2.rkt

Congrats on the L1! :):D

Glad to see you got the 38mm hardware. With the 38mm and electronic bay (you didn't mention it but I assume motor ejection on the cert flight) you are well on your way to DD, I motors, and mile high flights.

I would suggest you build a different rocket for your L2 instead of putting a 38/720 casing and baby J in this one, just because.

Again, congrats!

Thank you very much!

I did use motor ejection for the first flight, with nothing in the e-bay. Used the exact same setup/motor for flight 2 with a Perfectflite MAWD recording data. Flight 3 I used the MAWD to deploy the main at apogee with a long delay in the motor as a backup. Flight 4 was dual deploy with a 15" drogue and the main at 500ft. All four flights so far have been "H" motors. I've got several "I" reloads in hand for the next club launch, including one of the new AT I59s which sims to 4500ft. :D

Absolutely got a different build in mind for L2. Even with the smallest "J" motor I can find, this bird will hit 0.95M, It just wasn't built for it... (on purpose of course, got to have a reason to build more rockets :rolleyes:)

Back