Upscale Patriot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicious

Reaction score
I know this is borderline Low/Mid power, but I'm doing an upscale of the Estes Patriot based on a BT-70 and a Fliskits 5 motor cluster mount. Here's a pic of what I've got done so far. I still need to make the fins and figure out what to do for decals, I might just have to mask and paint it (I haven't had much luck with masking lately).

Butch

Niiiiiice. We definitely wanna see pictures of that when you launch it.

That thing is going to rock.
Wish I could see it fly.
Do you have an estimate on the altitude?

Tim

Thanks guys,

I have no idea on the altitude, I'm too cheap to buy Rocksim...probably couldn't figure out how to use it anyway.

Butch

Vicious, I built a Downscale Estes Pro Patriot last year. Bt 80 with a 4/18mm motor mount. Flies to an estimated 500-700ft on C6-3's. Yours is going to crank.....keep us posted.

Here's a pic of mine

Originally posted by Vicious
I still need to make the fins and figure out what to do for decals, I might just have to mask and paint it (I haven't had much luck with masking lately).

Butch

Greetings Butch! As for decals, may I suggest you make your own out of self-adhesive monokote. I did this with great results on my BT60 based (Estes Clone) Patriot. For lettering, I found some self-stick letters at the hobby shop that looked darn close to the cover art.

Attachments

• patriotaft.jpg
    patriotaft.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 19
I did the same for my TLP HAWK MIM-23A since TLP kits don't come with decals.

Very nice. I love that motor mount cluster. Should look great coming off the pad! Lotta smoke! (Great use for A10-TP's too!)

I think I might try that, is that stuff pretty easy to use? stick it on and hit it with a heat gun or does it have an adhesive on it? Looks like it might be good for making custom stripes too.

Thanks, Butch

Originally posted by Vicious
I think I might try that, is that stuff pretty easy to use? stick it on and hit it with a heat gun or does it have an adhesive on it? Looks like it might be good for making custom stripes too.

Thanks, Butch

Self stick. All you do is trim out what you need and then peel-n-stick. Very nice and easy to use. ;) (Most hobby shops carry it. 4"X36" or so...)

I like the airfoils on the fins.

That is an awesome motor mount. Very cool, I am gonna need to look into those

Butch,

What nosecone are you using for the BT-70 Patriot?

MetMan

Originally posted by MetMan

I would think that you could use the Richter Recker NC with a paper cap to make it look like the Patriot NC - just a possibility.

Jason

Originally posted by MetMan
Butch,

MetMan

I haven't got a nosecone yet, I just figured I'd get ahold of a couple and see what works.

Butch

Back