Upscale Modified Texas Twister

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to clarify that the motor remains in the piston so both are ejected simultaneously as a unit, easy peasy. Streamer is wrapped (accordion folded) around the piston, so the setup would be like the Semroc Hawk that came with an adapter that let you use either 13mm or 18mm motors (except you have the flap retention ring on the end of course).

Well I have two flights on this model. The first one landed on pavement and snapped off of fin. The spin Works quite well and the increased surface area of the spinning fin certainly takes this down a lot slower than the original Texas twister. The problem is that once this thing lands it tips over and when this whirling dervish hits the ground sideways it tends to break off the Fin if it comes down on something hard. It survived okay on grass. I'm going to try a flight Monday with what I call a frangible extension, basically soda straws which are taped on to the ends of the fins

. Kind of gives it a neat look when it's in locked position as well as after deployment.16180045805454239750500812022484.jpg1618004677169452684327729935680.jpg

Back