Upscale BNC-50Y\PNC-50Y needed for 4" OD-3.9" ID--> Where???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closest will be a 5:1 nosecone, the PNC/BNC-50Y is a 4.45:1 ratio and it looks to be a somewhat standard ogive nose cone. MAC Performance and Giant Leap Rocketry both carry the plastic Pinnacle Nosecone which is a 5:1 and would be a close match for the 50Y. I like Pinnacle nosecones fairly sturdy but much lighter than FG.

Closest will be a 5:1 nosecone, the PNC/BNC-50Y is a 4.45:1 ratio and it looks to be a somewhat standard ogive nose cone. MAC Performance and Giant Leap Rocketry both carry the plastic Pinnacle Nosecone which is a 5:1 and would be a close match for the 50Y. I like Pinnacle nosecones fairly sturdy but much lighter than FG.

Thanks Rich, That should work just fine...

Here is what I have so far...
1621356820222.png
1621356866616.png
I placed a coupler below the upper fins. I was planning on gluing the coupler in and then have the nose eject. There is room on the booster section but then I would need a bulkhead on the bottom of the payload section. What do you guys think???

I modified your file. I changed it to the 54 mm LOC mount
I recognized it immediately... Nice Job on the upscale.

Funny thing was, I clicked on one of your images, and immediately tried to rotate it... April Fools!!! ;)

Now my recommendation... Put a baffle in the coupler, and make the "payload section" a "recovery bay" and go with zipperless recovery. Just my $0.02

Just remember... Pointy Side Up.

Back