UPDATED! Praying For A Complete Recovery For Scott Binder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in touch with Scott Binder over the last few weeks. As some of you may know, he went on a cruise over the Holidays, but had to cut it short.

He first had a bout of pneumonia, and then a mild heart attack. This is why he's been a little slow on his orders.

Now, he's let me know that he's going in for a double bypass surgery today, and OK'd it for me to let you know what's going on.

Let's all Pray for a full and fast recovery.

Get Well Soon Scott!

Our prayers are with you Scott for a speedy and full recovery!

My prayers are with you Scott..
Feel better and be comfortable while recovering..

Teddy

The latest response to a "how ya doing?" question...

Better and better.... not perfect, but I'm trying to stay ahead of the pain. Ups and downs.... less and less hoses and wires. - and there's even a rumor that I may get to go home tomorrow..... but I won't believe it until I see it.
1f642.png
overall, better.

"You know, I really prefer the cordless model" -My wife, after our 2-week-old baby was released from the hospital.

Scott, may you be cordless soon!

Best wishes to Scott! I had a triple bypass 4 years ago when I was 60. I never had a heart attack but went in for a catheterization to check on some angina I was experiencing. Woke up from that and was told that I was staying in the hospital for surgery the next day. Had the surgery at 2 PM Friday, was up and walking into the hallway Saturday, transferred out of CICU to a regular room on Sunday and went home on Monday afternoon. Amazing how quickly they get you moving! A few days later I was walking around the block. I was out from work for 6 weeks. I felt like I could have gone back after 3 or 4 weeks, but I wasn't allowed to drive until my sternum healed more solidly.
I feel great now. Hopefully you will have as good of an outcome as I did.

Blair

Here's the latest...

Still in the hospital - but there's a good chance I'll get to go home today. Still not happy with my heart rhythms so they're going to make me wear a vest for a while that could pace my heart, if needed. I feel waaaaay ready to be back home. We'll find out later this morning.

Get Well Soon Scott!

Best wishes to Scott! I had a triple bypass 4 years ago when I was 60. I never had a heart attack but went in for a catheterization to check on some angina I was experiencing.
Hey, I got you beat. 5x CABG 8 years ago at age 59. Also, no infarction, simply a cath after complaining of excessive tiredness. Rest of my experience about the same as yours.

Most definitely, wishes for a fast recovery for Scott.

Bouts with health issues are scary. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Scott!

Scott posted on facebook

This is the End.... due to health reasons, Scott Binder Rocketry (SBR) and www.fusionrocket.biz will close.

First, let me thank all of the customers we've had over the past 3 years. I started out with the Fusion - offering a one-stop solution for L1 and L2 certifications, and added several more models along the way. Sales were good - good enough for a one-man company, which is what I wanted it to be - something I could do in my spare time, and still offer personal technical support to our customers.

On January 14, 2019 I underwent double-bypass open heart surgery - something that a week earlier was was not even on my radar. Although the surgery went well, I feel I can no longer offer the same level of service as before - and feel I just need to concentrate on recovering from the surgery, and enjoying the remainder of my life as stress-free a manner as possible.

Therefore, I've decided to close SBR/fusionrocket.biz

Effective immediately, there will be no further production runs of any of our kits. The remaining inventory of kits will be sold on the website as usual, and each kit's ordering options will be removed as they are sold out. First come, first-served basis.

Currently, we still have Fusions, Thors, Diablos, Horizon, and ArrowX kits. We are already out of stock on the Honest John, and it has been removed from the website. In addition, I will be discounting the remaining inventory of tubing, nosecones, etc. to sell quickly, until it is gone. Adjustments will be made to website pricing on these items over the next few days. When everything is gone, we'll remove the website and delete the FB page.

Again, thank you to those of you who supported SBR - I still fully intend to attend launches as soon as I am able, but just as a spectator/flyer.

Sincerely,
Scott Binder

www.fusionrocket.biz

Back