Updated Loki Motor Files

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Hello,

With the certification of the 4 new Loki loads, I have created motor files for them. They are available individually at www.thrustcurve.org . Alternatively, you can download complete Loki (and all the other motor manufacturers) in either RASP/ENG or Rocksim RSE format at www.rocketryfiles.com. There is a username and password both of which are guest. The motor files are located under flight simulation/motor files.

Enjoy,

Hello,

With the certification of the 4 new Loki loads, I have created motor files for them. They are available individually at www.thrustcurve.org . Alternatively, you can download complete Loki (and all the other motor manufacturers) in either RASP/ENG or Rocksim RSE format at www.rocketryfiles.com. There is a username and password both of which are guest. The motor files are located under flight simulation/motor files.

Enjoy,

Is that file the complete list from Loki?? I didn't see the J1000

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have to wait for the next update with the updated motor file.
Both simulators have a way to load new motors: see instructions for RockSim and OpenRocket.

Ideally, they would automatically load the data from ThrustCurve.org and be continuously up-to-date, but they don't as yet.

Mark,

Not sure why, but when I load them into Rocksim, I don't see the J1000???

Jason, from which site did you download- Thrustcurve individually, or the complete file from rocketryfiles? If the later, the rse or the eng?

I used the RSE files from the complete rocketry files link.

Jason, the J1000 was certainly in there. What likely was at issue was the way I had it sorted. Normally, I sort them by engine class (j in this case), and then secondarily by total impulse. I did this, but made a minor syntax mistake/oversite by listing it as J1000 versus J1000-LW. I have uploaded the corrected RSE.

Back