• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*UPDATED* APS hardware/loads CTI 98-6XL for sale delivery to AirFest.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nraymondb

Reaction score
Paypal FF please.

Ill add more stuff later..

CTI 98-6XL-Gen1 $500 and FREE SHIPPING in the U.S.
Used a couple of times, but looks great
XL spacer
Closures
FW smoke closure.
-$500

Binder Design SOLD
98mm 60” of propellant O motor
Graphite nozzle 1.75" throat
snap rings
nozzle washer
-$500
Never used

I have 4 APS complete motors with nozzles with 4 I270RE Loads.
1 for $125 this includes:
1 APS Un-Anodized 640ns casing
1 APS Un-Anodized Fw Closure with 2 o-rings
1 APS Un-Anodized Aft Closure
1 APS Graphite Nozzle with O-ring
1 APS I270RE load with delay element. (not sure what the delay is, best to use electronics or a .75" long x .75" diameter plug user provided).
* Just a note, these loads are notoriously hard to light*

If you buy one, you can upgrade the the nozzle .370 for EX use for $25, ($150)
(Only for pickup at AIRfest)

I also have 10 other 640ns sets without loads and a .370 nozzle for $100 a piece. (I can ship these for $7)
I have 5 640ns purple anodized cases (very used) with gold closures with .370 nozzles for $60 (I can ship these for $7)
Lastly have 1 K630RE load with 1 casing, no closures or nozzle for $150 (Load $80, case $70).

Please PM me if you would like one.
Image.png

Last edited:
I would like that case as well if I knew for sure that the O3400 will be available in the future?
Greg

Ok-I'm out of the loop. What is/was APS?

APS (Advanced Propulsion Systems). Mid 1990's motor maker......Really awesome propellant, really nice reds and sparkles in their respective sizes. Legal/personal issues put the company in limbo. I know the details of what happened, but I'm not at liberty to say.

The RE = Redeye

They had some cool adds in the HPR magazine years back. I still have some of their hardware and reloads left!

Preston

Diameter, grain number or newtons, and price???

Thanks,

38mm...5 grains at 2.125", 640ns, and the price you have correct. The $100 + $7 is for un-anodized never used. Anodized purple and gold very used is $60 + $7

38mm...5 grains at 2.125", 640ns, and the price you have correct. The $100 + $7 is for un-anodized never used. Anodized purple and gold very used is $60 + $7

Would ya be willing to go any lower on those purple cases? And is it just the case, or is it the whole motor set? Is there anything that you might want to trade for?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I wont go lower on the full motor price and i wont split up the anodized sets. Its a full motor. You get 1 purple case, 1 forward gold closure, 1 aft gold closure, 1 graphite nozzle, 1 forward O-ring, 1 Aft O-ring, 1 delay 0-ring. All for $60USD + $7 shipping, so $67.00

I wont go lower on the full motor price and i wont split up the anodized sets. Its a full motor. You get 1 purple case, 1 forward gold closure, 1 aft gold closure, 1 graphite nozzle, 1 forward O-ring, 1 Aft O-ring, 1 delay 0-ring. All for $60USD + $7 shipping, so $67.00

Hmm, It'll take me a while to save up for that... I don't have that much for another few weeks.
But, when I get the money I plan on buying one of those as soon as I can.
I have a friend who is into research, and he can make motors for me, but I don't have any EX cases, and this would be perfect for it. :)

Thanks,

Was APS the one that used an o-ring in a groove in the forward closure? And the delay grain was simply greased and slid inside? I didn't think one o-ring could keep flame from running up thru the spiral and into the ejection charge well.

Closures used Acme threads instead of NC or NF threads.

Best,
Terry

Hmm, It'll take me a while to save up for that... I don't have that much for another few weeks.
But, when I get the money I plan on buying one of those as soon as I can.
I have a friend who is into research, and he can make motors for me, but I don't have any EX cases, and this would be perfect for it. :)

Thanks,

Andrew -- As of late, it appears from your various postings on TRF that you've made a few bucks and you are eager to spend them on rockets. However, you should focus on keeping things basic before jumping in and buying anything you can possibly find on TRF. I recommend that you look into a small mid power kit -- but something that you can improve your skill level with. Perhaps a 54mm diameter rocket kit, that is flexible enough for dual deploy. Then you can work on dual deploy. EX is a big jump and I'm concerned you are nowhere near ready for that. It really does not help that you are 13 years old, and must be a minimum of 18 years of age, and certified L2 as a minimum.

I know I sound a bit harsh, but I suggest you save your cash, wait until the right deal comes along. I can understand the urge to spend your hard earned money, but spend it wisely.

I will say that if you would like to grow your skills, send me a PM and I'd be glad to help you understand what you may want to accomplish and see if we can find something that'd fit your budget while helping you achieve your goals. I might have something in my stash to help you out.

Andrew -- As of late, it appears from your various postings on TRF that you've made a few bucks and you are eager to spend them on rockets. However, you should focus on keeping things basic before jumping in and buying anything you can possibly find on TRF. I recommend that you look into a small mid power kit -- but something that you can improve your skill level with. Perhaps a 54mm diameter rocket kit, that is flexible enough for dual deploy. Then you can work on dual deploy. EX is a big jump and I'm concerned you are nowhere near ready for that. It really does not help that you are 13 years old, and must be a minimum of 18 years of age, and certified L2 as a minimum.

I know I sound a bit harsh, but I suggest you save your cash, wait until the right deal comes along. I can understand the urge to spend your hard earned money, but spend it wisely.

I will say that if you would like to grow your skills, send me a PM and I'd be glad to help you understand what you may want to accomplish and see if we can find something that'd fit your budget while helping you achieve your goals. I might have something in my stash to help you out.

I concur. Here's my roadmap for you:

1. Finish your Graduator and fly it 5-10 times on F through G motors. Take time to build and finish it, take pride in the product you create.
2. Fly Graduator for your Jr L1 on an H128W
3. Add altimeter bay to the Graduator and fly it on G's and H's to get hang of DD.
4. Build/Fly an EZI-65 sized rocket

Once you get that all under control and have 30-40-50 MPR and HPR flights under your belt you can start putzing around with other stuff. I was 14-15 when I began mixing EX motors under the very strict guidance and supervision of my father. By that point we had already flown several dozen HPR flights as a team.

You can and will do it. Please have patience and a strong desire to learn, not just do.

Last edited:
I concur. Here's my roadmap for you:

1. Finish your Graduator and fly it 5-10 times on F through G motors. Take time to build and finish it, take pride in the product you create.
2. Fly Graduator for your Jr L1 on an H128W
3. Add altimeter bay to the Graduator and fly it on G's and H's to get hang of DD.
4. Build/Fly an EZI-65 sized rocket

Once you get that all under control and have 30-40-50 MPR and HPR flights under your belt you can start putzing around with other stuff. I was 14-15 when I began mixing EX motors under the very strict guidance and supervision of my father. By that point we had already flown several dozen HPR flights as a team.

You can and will do it. Please have patience and a strong desire to learn, not just do.

Uh, I customized the Graduator, it's already DD, and it has a 38mm MMT. Though, I may adapt down to 29mm MPR motors for a while.
Here is a little story about myself:
I started rocketry at age 3 when I received a kit, Estes Dragonite.
I was introduced at around age 5 to MPR, when I got a kit, The Estes Rock-It, which flies on D & E motors.
When I was 10 or 11, I flew my first F motor, and multiple G motors under my belt.
At age 11, I built my first scratch-built rocket, made mostly by myself. It flew on A-D motors, having close to 15 flights.
I love rocketry, have had some good experience with LPR, & MPR, and just starting into HPR.
I look forward after 10 going on 11 years, to finally to what I've been dreaming of for years, flying an H motor!! :) :cool:

Thanks,

Was APS the one that used an o-ring in a groove in the forward closure? And the delay grain was simply greased and slid inside? I didn't think one o-ring could keep flame from running up thru the spiral and into the ejection charge well.

Closures used Acme threads instead of NC or NF threads.

Best,
Terry

Terry,
The delays were cast in Aluminum tubing and yes they did have an o-ring groove in the fw. closure.
-Nik

Uh, I customized the Graduator, it's already DD, and it has a 38mm MMT. Though, I may adapt down to 29mm MPR motors for a while.
Here is a little story about myself:
I started rocketry at age 3 when I received a kit, Estes Dragonite.
I was introduced at around age 5 to MPR, when I got a kit, The Estes Rock-It, which flies on D & E motors.
When I was 10 or 11, I flew my first F motor, and multiple G motors under my belt.
At age 11, I built my first scratch-built rocket, made mostly by myself. It flew on A-D motors, having close to 15 flights.
I love rocketry, have had some good experience with LPR, & MPR, and just starting into HPR.
I look forward after 10 going on 11 years, to finally to what I've been dreaming of for years, flying an H motor!! :) :cool:

Thanks,

n m

Back