• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*UPDATE* STOLEN!!15' Rocket Dyne Systems "Hercules" $250 [SOLD]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see the red at the top of the white tube section, and the white at the top of the upper red section.

You can also see evidence that the booster was cut just north of the upper launch lug.

Launch lugs???? My club would laugh me off the field if I showed up with a rocket that big and wanted use a rod to launch it. Things must have been different back in the day.

Of course, one thing that hasn't changed is that if you said you needed a really big rod there would be at least one guy who would say... like I really need to spell it out for ya. Every club has one of THOSE guys.

Who said it was shipped by air?

On the Facebook site it mentioned TSA, so I assumed baggage claim at an airport terminal. I suppose they could have TSA agents at a Greyhound terminal. I know they don't at Amtrak stations, but I've never taken a long-haul bus.

Checkered(?).

yea. It's got the four big checks on the payload section. It's not that difficult to see this is the same rocket. I can tear it down by pixel and count them if you'd like, but it's pretty plain to the naked eye.

So is there any news on if this rocket is still in baggage limbo? Or has it been snookered off to someone's collection or random things?

Has anyone been able to get a hold of the thread starter? This is 5 years old, and the parties were reimbursed for losses, but he should have the chance to decide whether he wants to pursue it.

Holy cow, that is it!!

I was the original purchaser.

I have the off-forum contact info for the seller, and will try and contact him. How in the world did it end up in Alabama??!!

Turns out HARA (my club ) is just an hour away from that location. How the heck did it get there if it was going to you in Illinois? Was it a case of "it wasn't picked up at the terminal, so we gave it away"?

Turns out HARA (my club ) is just an hour away from that location. How the heck did it get there if it was going to you in Illinois? Was it a case of "it wasn't picked up at the terminal, so we gave it away"?

No that is the main warehouse for unclaimed baggage for greyhound. Several years ago I had a bag go missing from my connecting flight VT to Atlanta to FL . The bag was "found" three weeks later at the central lost baggage hub in TX.

Eric

If this doesn't set the record for longest time a rocket's been lost and then recovered, I'd be shocked.

If this doesn't set the record for longest time a rocket's been lost and then recovered, I'd be shocked.

well, there's....
S020265889-300_20130321073106_640_480.JPG

Bezos recovered engines from Apollo 11 and 12. Those from 12 have been cleaned up and are at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

They got some back from Apollo 13 as well.
I worked at the Museum that restored them. It was an incredible two year experience to watch the restoration.

Back