Quantcast

Update on Registrations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

AKPilot

Reaction score
Okay folks, here's the latest . . .

I'm manually pushing the registrations that occurred during our outages. I'm pretty much through user id's beginning with "F" at the moment. That alone was approximately 240 users. And probably about 30 who I had to push out. But still had to look at the 240 or so individually. I'm a bit behind schedule, go figure, but I should have the rest done tomorrow.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, we're brining on a couple more full-rights admins to assist with everything. The one internal thing with TRF 2.0, this go around that it's going to run more like a small business, just to ensure we're shored up and we don't run into the previous problems ever.

Finally, I've mentioned it, but people also should be aware that TRF will always have to approve an individual's registration for security purposes. Meaning you may not get forum approval for several hours, if we're not in the background logged in. This is intentional to maintain the integrity of the website. It's not comforting to new users, but it does add a needed level of integrity into our system. So if a new user does register, they will not get an immediate approval to start posting. They will have to wait some. Our goal should be to have someone on board within 24 hours of them approaching the forum. A bit of a nuissance initially, but it provides us longer-term security.

That's it for tonight . . .

AKPilot

Reaction score
As of this evening, I'm through the M's. :(

Sorry folks I'm behind schedule and overbudget. Oh that was my day job excuse. :eek:

powderburner

Reaction score
Thanks for all you have done for us, AK.

I don't know if I am going to regret this offer, but if there is some small chunk of the work that you can 'break off' and share out, maybe some of us could help?

Latest posts