Up scale FatBoy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Has anyone up-scaled a FatBoy? If so Id love to see it if not, Carl T.(The upscale master) Thats something to think about :D LOL

I am sure people have done it. I have a video of one that looks lke it is flying on a L2 motor - but it's hard to tell. I looked for some links - no luck :(.

What size are you considering? I am thinking that 4", 5.5" and 6" would be really cool! You could make the math pretty easy on yourself if you use the 5.5" tube - that's a 2.11x upscale. Remember this when you build it: YOU CAN ALWAYS ADAPT DOWN, BUT NOT UP!

Basically, put a 54mm mount in the 5.5" version!

Jason

And don't forget the nose weight. Lots and lots of nose weight...lol

well, i also dowloaded a video of a FB upscale recently, but don't have the link (it was on another computer). anay way i did a google search and i found this so far... not only do they have a 15" upscale FB but they have a bunch of other cool rockets to!
https://members.aol.com/BULLPUPP/GALLERY.html
i had never been to that page b4... i wonder how old it is:confused:
enjoy!:D ;)

You want Fat Boy's?

See https://www3.telus.net/public/albertaw/ and check out the numerous and various Fat Boys.

Also, there is a KLOUDBusters who flies a Fat Boy on M motors. I'm thinking it is 8" in diameter. As I recall, it is not exactly to scale because he had to extend it just a little to get the motor INSIDE the rocket. :)

I have a stock-sized FatBoy that is fiberglassed and has flown on G motors.

--Lance.

Originally posted by llickteig1

Also, there is a KLOUDBusters who flies a Fat Boy on M motors. I'm thinking it is 8" in diameter. As I recall, it is not exactly to scale because he had to extend it just a little to get the motor INSIDE the rocket. :)

--Lance.

Who would that be, will he be at KloudBurst?

I recall seeing a upscale FB somewhere, i'll think of it later.

I built a Boosteres FAT Boy with 3 - 24 mm motors in the Estes E9 class with a booster that also flies E9's. It is a "kit' extention/bash. Rail buttons. Going to larger 24mm reloads for more altitude and smoke. Check it out at my home page.

I will be getting a few things soon but this project is now classified untill further notice HE HE HE HE you guys are going to love this!!!!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Has anyone up-scaled a FatBoy? If so Id love to see it if not, Carl T.(The upscale master) Thats something to think about :D LOL

Well one of the guys in the club has built a couple of 3X upscale Fat Boys (7.5") and 2.5X Big Daddys. Hope to see one fly at our first launch this year. If not maybe at LDRS 23.

Al
BRS VP
LDRS 23 Hosts

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I will be getting a few things soon but this project is now classified untill further notice HE HE HE HE you guys are going to love this!!!!!!!!!!!1

Since it's you, Bowhunter, why am I suddenly picturing a large fat boy with a crayon on the nose???

Loopy

Back