Unemployment fraud- watch out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy3003

Reaction score
So I got a letter of monetary determination Saturday from the unemployment insurance office. It looks like someone is trying to start a claim using my credentials. I called the office to no avail, so then filed multiple reports with all the different agencies involved.
Also I notified my employer who told me it has been very rampant recently as they also get letters from the same department.
Just a heads up to be on the watch, I'm sure this has been going on for some time across the country but it is a scary feeling to know how loosely controlled our personal info really is.
-Troy

Also if you get a check in the mail there is an address (search local government website) to return it to along with a letter stating it was not a claim started on your behalf.
The scammers will get a payout started in your name and then attempt to change it to a direct deposit into their account.
-Troy

That happened to me too. I got a debit card from the Ohio Unemployment office. I live in Nevada. Called Equifax and put a fraud alert on my credit. They[the bad guys] had every thing about me including my social security number.

Back