uncle bobs rocket shop

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Bob

Reaction score
Hello all,

Here is the September Newsletter...

UNCLE BOB GOES TO HUNGARY
Uncle Bob has been away on his travels. After Mrs Bob dragged Uncle Bob and the baby Bobs on holiday, I had the pleasure of going to Hungary to launch a big thing into the Danube. It was a prior commitment so was unavoidable. The Danube rocket started taking shape as early as December last year and i've been working hard for 10 months on this project. I have to be honest, the guys that did some real work out there (I was pizza boy, so don't count!) are some of the most talented I have had the pleasure to work with. Well Done them! Next time. We'll do it with hybrids!

UNCLE BOB SERVICES THE BLACK KNIGHTS
Last Sunday saw Uncle Bob at the Black Knights. Another fantastic event.
Hybrids are starting to become a regular feature at Milson which is great...
I'm also honoured to have supported every single one of them over the last few months. My thanks to the BK.
On a non hybrid front, there were many other great flights too.
Some nearly altitude records... 'Team Lee' are a name to watch for the future...Ady Waters...Watch this space!

https://www.blackknights.org.uk/reports.htm?rid=2005-09-18&Submit=View+Report

KLOB IS HERE
This will be one of the best UK events we have seen for some time IMHO. Frank from Rebel will be launching an N motor and many of the Dutch and German contingent are going to be doing large and exciting things. The Nimbus challenge and various other exciting projects are to be showcased at this event.

Uncle Bob will be found most of the time at the Hybrid away cell. There has been plenty of NOX ordered for the event so have no worries about NOXing me out. You won't!

We shall see Colin Rowe and his 1 tank in to 4 combustion chamber 'world first' ''4K an LL' on Saturday morning. I've had the pleasure of sponsoring this rocket and watching it grow into a thing of beauty over the last year. This I can promise - it will be worth the entrance fee alone. And that's before Frank has launched his N motor and all the other superb and unusual rockets that are flying over the weekend.

On the hybrid front...
There should be an odd hybrid Level 3 or two going up.
The odd Hypertek L.
Loads of Hyperteks I through J.
An introduction to some new faces in the form of non-pyro 29mm Rattworks and 29mm Skyripper too.

I'll be carrying stock at the event so please drop by.
I currently have a mixed bag of stock. Depending on what arrives tomorrow depends on whether I have a sample of wares from across the full hybrid range or not. All this will be available for you chaps to browse. Mrs Bob has made a technical observation on the Skyrippers already, she says, "It's a nice colour." Which it is.

You will probably find me vending from the Hybrid away cell at K-LOB.
Browsing the stock...Evenings or mornings are a good time.

If there is anyone who would like to watch a hybrid being prepped and put on the launch pad then DO come over and introduce yourselves. Hybrid flyers love showing you their lubricated O rings and fill stems. I try and discourage this practice but it's in their nature. Please do come along and watch the gas being passed up close and personal.

Until we get hybrids really going in the UK. You will find me 'pad' based versus the conventional tent based vendor. Hope you all understand and bear with me.

UNCLE BOBS STOCK ROOM IS GROWING
One more week or so and we would have seen a full stock room. Some part orders are still in transit from the States. BUT many of the hybrid lines are very well stocked. After all, what's the point in having a UK hybrid dealer and having empty shelves. Uncle Bob isn't a shipping agent.

RATTWORKS AND SKYRIPPER
I'm hoping to experiment with lighting these motors using Non-pyro methods at KLOB. I have approval from S&T to do this so can do it under full UKRA insurance. The Rattworks K motor has a manufacturers procedure in place for non-pyro ignition so these are ok to fly under UKRA insurance. A little more work on the 29mm and 38mm ranges and you can be flying these at a site near you. I do like the idea of these 29mm systems and expect them both to sell well.

HYBRID RULES AND REGS
I do know that Hybrids have been the subject of a significant amount of work at UKRA Council level. Consultation with several clubs has already taken place and an announcement on how this affects us will be announced soon. Expect positive changes. But expect them in a couple or three months.

PROPULSION POLYMERS
In transit. Looking forwad to seeing this fly in the UK.

WEST COAST HYBRIDS
Part of my initial order is in stock including stock that was pre-ordered. Take note!

CONTRAIL
Expect a delivery very soon. Also I hear through the grapevine some exciting news relating to these motors very soon, plus, a whole amount of stock coming too. On the 75mm front. I'll shortly be taking delivery of a full 75mm system Contrail system. This will enable flyers to fly a whole range of different configurations from Ks through to the M2281. (The M2281 delivers an initial thrust of around half a ton, not least in part to it's very regressive thrust profile!) Uncle Bob will be loaning out the 75mm system and it may make a very interesting and frugal proposition, to those members wishing to certify Level 3 on an authoritative motor!

MICROHYBRIDS
I'll be taking stock of these very shortly and talking about their merits shortly thereafter. If you are interested in tinkering with building a hybrid. This is great way to start out. They also make a great stocking filler at Xmas time!

GSE
Still in work in progress. This bit is a difficult one as far as hybrids are concerned. If you read into the experience of the guys in the States this is still evolving over there, albeit getting better quickly. I'll be working heavily on developing and beta testing new GSE for the UK market after KLOB with Mr Colin Rowe of Rowes Retainers and some of my American colleagues. Colin's middle name is quality! So expect some of the same from our GSE range coming into the new year.

NITROUS OXIDE
I've spent a lot of time with Nitrous suppliers of recent, discussing some of the problems we are having in terms of supply, size, ullage and supply. Expect an announcement soon on this front that offers something very new,exciting and very cost effective from the fliers point of view!

VISITING CLUBS
Uncle Bob is planning on getting out and about across the UK. In all likelihood it may be next year before I get across the whole UK. Uncle Bob is just starting out and I don't want to over commit myself on start-up. If there are any clubs that do want to see Uncle Bob, sooner rather than later, then do drop me a line. Contact details are on the webpage. I offer seminars and demonstrations of hybrids complete with demo flights to interested clubs when attending club launches.

REMEMBER
Uncle Bob doesn't JUST sell hybrids. He flies them and shows you, the customer, how to get the best out of your purchase. If you don't believe me then ask my customers. Ask for a referenence. See what they have to say!

WEB SITE
Still under construction and looking for completion at the end of the year. Expect a full resource for all things hybrid related. Prices, instructions etc. etc.The temporary website does offer the office telephone number so you can speak to Uncle Bob at your convenience.

That's all for now.

Remember for all things hybrid...

ASK UNCLE BOB

D
www.unclebobsrocketshop.com

p.s. I'll be leaving for KLOB tomorrow am. Expect me back on line some time Tuesday.

having never seen a hybrid in the flesh im really looking forward to Klob.:)

Dunno about John (good to meet you, btw), but the hybrids were just as awesome as I thought they would be. The monkey was good too.

I'm seriously thinking of getting myself a set of SRS 29mm necessaries, and an alt, for next season. :D

I agree with Dan(good to meet you,btw:D )the hybrids were awesome and the sound they make is fantastic.I would love to get a closer view next time(with out getting in the way:) ).

I'm in the throws of remortgaging my flat to release some of the £50,000+ equity I've got doing nothing, so expect a call in a few weeks ;)

Uncle Bob's wares are superb value for money! Can't fault the service there ;)

Any ideas how many Hybrids flew at KLOB? it certainly seemed like quite a few. With the totally separate L3 / Hybrid area it certainly made organisation better, and rarely did any spectators suffer waiting for excessive faffing that hybrid flyers are (unfairly) accused of.

Originally posted by andysrockets
Uncle Bob's wares are superb value for money! Can't fault the service there.

Big thanks to Damian / Uncle Bob. Absolutely outstanding service from him in support of my L3 hybrid flight - not just giving my motor prep a good once-over to sanity check my work, but also when I had a question that could have gone two ways, he phoned Cesaroni for me and got the definitive answer.

You can't go wrong with service like that!

G.

I would love to get a closer view next time(with out getting in the way ).

Next time give me a nod and we can arrange that you see a hybrid assembled put on the rail and set up.

If it's not me there are always hybrid fyers that will let you shadow. We have even been known to let youngsters launch some of the larger motors before today. Obviously we give them a thorough briefing and subsequently keep one hand on the launch controller and for insurance purposes we need to make sure a certified member is actually "launching" the rocket.

But it's a big buzz for the kids.
It's open to adults too.
If you catch us at the right time early on in an event we can make this happen for you.

Many people view hybrids as a cheap alternative to solids. The truth is that most hybrid flyers will actually tell you that they think it's a far more exciting and involved eperience than just flying solids! In fact once you've flown one. You'll fly them again out of choice. Not your wallets choice.

I'm not being exclusive, or having a go at solids: that's not my intention. On occasion I fly an odd solid. But only when I have a particualr flight profile that requires a particular solid motor.

Damian

That sounds very exciting Damian.I did manage to get a close up of a hybrid being set up in the workshop area at Klob and the flyer was very kind to explain what he was doing and what was happening.i also managed to get a peek at Colin rowes 1 into 4 tank filler,now that was technical:)

i also managed to get a peek at Colin rowes 1 into 4 tank filler,now that was technical

I understand it's the first time anyone in the world has taken a single Hypertek oxidiser tank and fed four separate grains from it.

In case you missed the photos:

Here's another look:

Damian

Back