Uk based Rocketeer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket_patch

Reaction score
Hi, I’m patch. I’m based in the UK I’ve been into rocketry for about 12 months now, learning lots. Currently flying on C/D engines but looking to go bigger.
I have some cool builds lined up, super Bertha, shuttle and a Klingon cruiser. Also looking to try some clusters.

My Instagram is: Rocket_patch

pic of my last build: 168796A3-69B1-4AFD-834D-71E9EA894010.jpeg

Welcome Patch!!! I used to be stationed in the UK (RAF Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire (Jul 1988 - Aug1990). So, where are you in the country?

Just a word of warning on the Big Daddy, it has a habit of lawndarting... Make sure that your nosecone is snug, but not tight when it's inside the tube. You should be able to pick up the rocket by the nosecone (while it has everything in it that would be there when the rocket is on the pad), and not have the rear fall off. If it is loose the "ramp" that the shock cord mount is made from can be exposed during a launch, thus venting the ejection charge, and causing the rocket to fall without deploying the parachute.

I’m in Hampshire, but just about to move to Wiltshire.
Big daddy first flight might take place this weekend, cheers for the heads up.

Hi Patch. If you want to meet & l;aunch with fellow rocketeers your nearest club is Fins Over Gwent, near the Severn Bridge on the M4. The club website is https://fogrocketry.bmfa.club/ . One of our regulars is from Chippenham in N Wilts.

There are currently 4 clubs in the UK with well organised launch sites and regular events. The other 3 clubs are near Tamworth, Cambridge and Largs (Scotland).

Back