Uhhh, do I have a V2 problem?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to some other pics I've seen here, you're not even close to too many (if there is such a thing).

I like the variety of paint jobs. đź‘Ť

Great looking V2. Yes the Spacemonkey version is on my list, especially now since after reading these responses I clearly don't have a problem. Fantastic paint work too! How did you manage to get the two colors fin edges so clean?
Ah, I assumed the one on the right was a Spacemonkey.

The secret to getting the edges so clean is to do it over and over again until you give up. I'm in the process of painting the Antar and it's a PITA. I'm not doing it nearly as detailed as the professionals. My hats off to anyone who can.

I tried making the ASP 13mm V2 and it was a disaster. The NC stuck and landed on a roof.

Someone suggested this tape and has been working really great. The lines aren't straight but forms to the rocket well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P1ALOO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
RJT = Rernher Jon Traun?

The only way you have a V2 problem is if you're rounding up people and forcing them to build V2 rockets so you can fire them at other people.

Interesting fact about the actual V2 program - 12,000 forced laborers and concentration camp prisoners died to make all the V2s, which resulted in fewer deaths of the enemy, at 9,000. As a weapon of war they were pretty ineffective. As a research and development program for Von Braun they eventually led to landing men on the moon.

RJT = Rernher Jon Traun?

The only way you have a V2 problem is if you're rounding up people and forcing them to build V2 rockets so you can fire them at other people.

Interesting fact about the actual V2 program - 12,000 forced laborers and concentration camp prisoners died to make all the V2s, which resulted in fewer deaths of the enemy, at 9,000. As a weapon of war they were pretty ineffective. As a research and development program for Von Braun they eventually led to landing men on the moon.
Yes, dark history with a more sanguine lineage. Good reminder about the human cost.

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if von Braun had stalling tactics built into his program. All he really wanted to do was build rockets to travel to space. I should research more.

In later years his reputation was sullied by these associations by folks who think they wouldn't do the same thing if they had a gun to their head, figuratively or literally. I usually find that's very easy to do from your easy chair. But I don't want to divert the thread so feel free to ignore me.

You've definitely have a problem... too few.

I'm on my... what? 8th Cherokee-D (Originals, clones, phantom, upscale, and downscale, and MicroMax (plus the Cherokee-Es)), I'm probably somewhere around 12 Omegas...

The V2 is one of my four favourite rockets. I have six, with more to come. If it's a rocket that you love, having too many kits/variants, to me, isn't possible.

Back