Uhhh, do I have a V2 problem?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled it off of this website that details all the V2 "cheesecake art" https://clarencesimonsen.wordpress.com/2016/10/10/. Cut and paste to some waterslide decal paper, a little gloss spray, some x-acto knife work and voila!
Actually, I made a bunch of them (the one depicted on the large V2) thinking I wouldn't have success on the first go. Happy to mail a few out to you - but the trimming will be all on you.

Actually, I made a bunch of them (the one depicted on the large V2) thinking I wouldn't have success on the first go. Happy to mail a few out to you - but the trimming will be all on you.

Thanks, and I'll consider it. You see, this announcement here may be a bit irresistible for both of us! I built the Estes kit for my brother-in-law, and didn't feel confident enough making decals for all the hatches, etc, that would really enhance the realism of the kit. Still, I have no time at all for another kit right now... 2 on the build pile and a busy summer working and mowing!

I currently have 18 V-2's ranging from the micro from Apogee Components to the the 11.5 inch diameter ones from Maximum Thrust and Performance Rocketry. So, no you don't have a problem V-2 problem. At the last Northern Colorado Rocket launch, I flew seven of them.

By the way, thanks for the link, that was very interesting reading! And also (especially considering the testimony of @wbeggs), I've come to the conclusion that we won't worry about you having a V2 problem until you start asking about "safe" places for ballistic impact, and how to detonate explosives in the nose!

Disclaimer for casual readers: Ballistic impact is strictly prohibited by ALL sanctioning bodies as well as law, and that goes triple for explosive ballistic impact.

Back