U.S. Rockets winter SPECIAL - FRENZY!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Irvine

Reaction score
[AD] U.S. Rockets Winter Special - FRENZY!!

Series
https://www.v-serv.com/usr/ss.htm

Kit
https://www.v-serv.com/usr/kits/mosquito2.2.htm

U.S.Rockets Mosquito 2.2 is a relatively new kit. It has BALSA fins, BALSA nose cone, high quality airframe and motor tubes, 29mm main mount and 24mm conversion included, streamer recovery, illustrated instructons, and colorful decals.

It is $29.95
Shipping is normally $5

SPECIAL $31.00 shipped (each) NO LIMIT

Please send us an email to [email protected] with your address and mention the FRENZY.

Offer expires 1-15-05 or when supplies are exhausted.

Buyers who provide build, paint and flight pictures for the website get 15% off their next order.

Thank you very much.

Oh Jerry....

Why...oh WHY...DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?!?!

Crikey!

Umm...let me get back to ya on this one...

Jason

I just sent off my email. I cant wait to get mine. I just got a new airbrush set for myself for X-mass and cant wait to see pics of the rocket on your site.

Dan

Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
Buyers who provide build, paint and flight pictures for the website get 15% off their next order.
Good idea, Jerry. It looks like you have some great kits but the line art on your web site just doesn't do them justice.

A few questions about the 15% discount for photos:
1) Is this discount only good on Mosquito photos or on photos of any USR kits?
2) Do we need to provide pictures in all three categories (build, paint, and flight), or can they be from only one category?
3) Can we use the same photos for EMRR reviews?

Originally posted by BobCox
Good idea, Jerry. It looks like you have some great kits but the line art on your web site just doesn't do them justice.

A few questions about the 15% discount for photos:
1) Is this discount only good on Mosquito photos or on photos of any USR kits?
2) Do we need to provide pictures in all three categories (build, paint, and flight), or can they be from only one category?
3) Can we use the same photos for EMRR reviews?

I was trying to pitch Mosquito 2.2's since they are great little rockets and I actually bothered to update its detail site tonight. Trying to have one good example of what a web site for a particular rocket should look like.

But sure, good photos and I'll cheerfully give you 15% off something.

I thought you were going to ask if it applied to the Sentra SRB 12!!

:cool:

I was trying to pitch Mosquito 2.2's since they are great little rockets and I actually bothered to update its detail site tonight. Trying to have one good example of what a web site for a particular rocket should look like.

But sure, good photos and I'll cheerfully give you 15% off something.

I thought you were going to ask if it applied to the Sentra SRB 12!!

:cool:

The 15% discount doesn't have to apply to the Sentra SRB 12...a discount on the Big Rocket would be good enough for me!

"wink, wink...nudge, nudge..." :rolleyes:

U.S. Rockets FAQ

Q: What if I order another rocket the same time as the FRENZY special?

A: The DOMESTIC shipping is paid already by the Mosquito. An exception would be for a much larger rocket we may add the marginal shipping cost. For example, add a Banshee or a Sonic 2200 and there is no extra cost. Add an Easy Rider and it might be $5 extra.

Q: If I take (build, paint, flight, electronics install) photos of pretty much any USR kit and send them to you can I get 15% off a new order?

A: Yes. We want the photos and a 15% discount is a price we are willing to pay essentially without limit to achieve that. Since more kits in the hands of photogs equal more photo so it makes sense not to apply a limit.

Q: If I want to buy a WET DREAM or a BIG ROCKET from the 12 inch rocket series, can I just add any other two small kits to get the REGULAR 15% discount for 3 or more kits?

A: Yes. There are no exceptions to the policy.

Q: Can I ever combine 15% discounts to get 30%?

A: Never.

Q: It's been over 5 minutes and you have not shipped yet. Why not?

A: You didn't put an address in the email placing the order! Put your address in EACH email placing an order please.

Jerry

U.S.Rockets FAQ

Q: What if I order another rocket the same time as the FRENZY special?

A: The DOMESTIC shipping is paid already by the Mosquito. An exception would be for a much larger rocket we may add the marginal shipping cost. For example, add a Banshee or a Sonic 2200 and there is no extra cost. Add an Easy Rider and it might be $5 extra.

Q: If I take (build, paint, flight, electronics install) photos of pretty much any USR kit and send them to you can I get 15% off a new order?

A: Yes. We want the photos and a 15% discount is a price we are willing to pay essentially without limit to achieve that. Since more kits in the hands of photogs equal more photo so it makes sense not to apply a limit.

Q: If I want to buy a WET DREAM or a BIG ROCKET from the 12 inch rocket series, can I just add any other two small kits to get the REGULAR 15% discount for 3 or more kits?

A: Yes. There are no exceptions to the policy.

Q: Can I ever combine 15% discounts to get 30%?

A: Never.

Jerry

Thanks for the info Jerry. I can only wonder who asked for a 30% discount...That would just about destroy any profit margin that you would realize....

IMHO a 15% dicount is very generous.

Just my 2 cents worth...

BTW...Where is the full USR FAQ?

browsing the USR catalog....so you're saying that if i buy something like the "two the limit" and build it and paint it and fly it and include photos, then i'll get 15% off my next purchase? so this works with any rocket kit? that may be an after new years purchase...one of the best prices on a 2 stage i've seen anywhere.

Originally posted by r1dermon
browsing the USR catalog....so you're saying that if i buy something like the "two the limit" and build it and paint it and fly it and include photos, then i'll get 15% off my next purchase? so this works with any rocket kit? that may be an after new years purchase...one of the best prices on a 2 stage i've seen anywhere.

A: Yes. Read the friggin' FAQ!

:)

Okay so Version 0.01 FAQ is right here in this thread. Sorry!

Oh, and you can't make me raise prices.

:kill:

I hate it when people ask GREAT questions and I do NOT have the answer.

You suck!

:confused:

After seeing your posts in the advanced section of this forum, and your answers to my endless questions that I have PM’ed to you about Tech issues with my ever-expanding fleet of USR products, I am breaking out my red crayon and circling today’s date on my calendar. I doubt that I will get this opportunity again anytime soon.

I never pretend that I know everything about this hobby…but feedback from you and other experts on this forum has enabled me to understand this hobby a little bit more…

And for that I am grateful.

/salute

im hoping you were being sarcastic...i just hate angry vendors. i was merely trying to make absolutely sure that that was the deal. no need to get bent out of shape....especially when you're the one trying to get my money. just a thought.

have a nice day.

Originally posted by KarlD
After seeing your posts in the advanced section of this forum, and your answers to my endless questions that I have PM’ed to you about Tech issues with my ever-expanding fleet of USR products, I am breaking out my red crayon and circling today’s date on my calendar. I doubt that I will get this opportunity again anytime soon.

I never pretend that I know everything about this hobby…but feedback from you and other experts on this forum has enabled me to understand this hobby a little bit more…

And for that I am grateful.

/salute

Email me your shipping adress. I will send you your prize.

You deserve it.

Jerry Irvine

im hoping you were being sarcastic...i just hate angry vendors. i was merely trying to make absolutely sure that that was the deal. no need to get bent out of shape....especially when you're the one trying to get my money. just a thought.

have a nice day.

Please pardom my sarcasm.

My sarcasm marker is typically a smiley.

I sincerely appreciate your comments more than you can know.

Jerry

after new years i will order it. and you can expect build, paint, AND flight pics. is there a specific timer that USR suggests for their 2-stage rockets? or will any timer that fits be fine.

The 2-the-limit is a 2.25" airframe rocket.

USR couplers are the thickest walled units that I have ever seen in the industry. I am working on a Altimeter Bay Assembly for a Warp 1.5 with the 2.7" airframe, and a Transonic P6K just barely fits (with battery on the underside of my electronics sleigh) in the coupler. In fact, I had to trim some of the screw-down wiring couplers to get everything to fit correctly.

I would suggest a really small altimeter.

after new years i will order it. and you can expect build, paint, AND flight pics. is there a specific timer that USR suggests for their 2-stage rockets? or will any timer that fits be fine.

I currently suggest missleworks.com

I am very open to feedback on that and other suggestions.

On our really small dual deployment single stage rockets, we recommend RDH8. We even have a special payload coupler kit now for it in BT-11 (1.14" ID) rockets.

Jerry

A: Fuse

Email me your shipping adress. I will send you your prize.

You deserve it.

Jerry Irvine

PM message sent.

:)

Originally posted by KarlD
I am breaking out my red crayon and circling today’s date on my calendar. I doubt that I will get this opportunity again anytime soon.

Your prize is on the way. I KNOW everybody is looking forward to a pic with YOU in the photo "enjoying" the prize.

Hint: Not knowing your age offhand, and shipping restrictions the prize is NOT https://www.v-serv.com/usr/wine.htm

Your prize is on the way. I KNOW everybody is looking forward to a pic with YOU in the photo "enjoying" the prize.

Hint: Not knowing your age offhand, and shipping restrictions the prize is NOT https://www.v-serv.com/usr/wine.htm

I am old enough to "wish" that I could still be carded, but Alcohol and I had to split paths many decades ago. However…Your line of “Enjoying” the prize has gotten the deviant wheels in my head spinning…

What could it be, what could it be???

I assume that a picture of it is OK on a family board like TFR…no inflatable “Rocketry Assistants…” :p

“Once again toeing the line of tastelessness”

:kill:

On our really small dual deployment single stage rockets, we recommend RDH8.
May I ask what is RDH8?

Originally posted by bsexton
May I ask what is RDH8?
I think you just did. ;)

RDH8 is the nickname of Robert DeHate (hence the name RDH8 -- say it out loud). He makes a line of very small altimeters and timers. He even has one that fits inside an Estes Mosquito!
Check them out at https://www.picoalt.com

Originally posted by BobCox
I think you just did. ;)

RDH8 is the nickname of Robert DeHate (hence the name RDH8 -- say it out loud). He makes a line of very small altimeters and timers. He even has one that fits inside an Estes Mosquito!
Check them out at https://www.picoalt.com

My God is this altimeter is tiny!

I may have to consider some BP Dual Deploys in the future....

That will blow some minds in the Rocketry club! A clustered, BP dual-deploy High Test 168 !

"Mind gears are spinning!"

RDH8 looks like some cool stuff...starts to bring a few interesting ideas to mind. I've only worked with the Missile Works RRC2 that has been very dependable. How do the RDH8 products compare?

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Jerry,
I was just snooping around your site and found that the Kit Parts photo on this page-
https://v-serv.com/usr/kits/tomahawk.htm
doesn't seem to be working.
And neither of the photos on the bottom of-
https://v-serv.com/usr/kits/infinity.htm
are up either.
Just a heads up.

Greg

I have been killing about 10 dead links a week. I made the mistake of making links for content I knew I had and forgot (didn't anticipate) how long it takes to link it all and also at the SAME TIME actually honor "Instaship-tm".

Too badtoo. I have gigabytes of content to upload (including videos).

I did post sevral MAJOR links to the "Advanced Topics" erosivity thread. (moderator edit)

Jerry

I sent my payment for a "Mosquito 2.2 " and a "Banshee" on 12-17-04..... I received the shipment on 12-20-04....... Time to some building......

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
I sent my payment for a "Mosquito 2.2 " and a "Banshee" on 12-17-04..... I received the shipment on 12-20-04....... Time to some building......

I apologize it took so long. Next time pay later :D

Merry Jerry

Back