U.S. Rockets NEW website updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
Update #2 today is a major update to the AMR-Weightlofter kit page.

https://www.v-serv.com/usr/kits/weightlofter.htm

Be sure to check out the in-flght cluster photo!

Jerry

It doesn't come out so well on the reduced version on the USR page (nor what I posted in the Weightlofter review in the Kit Reviews forum) but in the original size image, which is HUGE thanks to my friend's Canon 20D digital camera capturing the action, you can see that the clip whip is just starting to fall away from the rocket almost like the gantry in a "real" rocket launch including ignitors still sparking and even the plastic caps coming out of the motors!

The second in-flight image is severly cropped & probably slightly reduced as well.

And both launch photos clearly show 4 of 4 motors clearly ignited! :D :cool:

I'm liking the hopefully-not-going-to-be-called-prototype-much-longer face card designs. Slick :cool:

That's a good looking orange/white/black Banshee too!

I like the new layout of the USR pages. Jerry, I'll email you a few photos of my Interroc when it is done next week. Since you already have the BANSHEE and MOSQUITO, Lance you're such a "glory hound" :)

I looked at Lance's picture of his Mosquito and laughed a little, I also painted mine yellow and red. Although my Banshee is different, purple and silver.

It is good to see that the USR pages and being updated with actual photos, you're definately going in the right direction Jerry.

Steve

I'll get photos of my Sonic 2200 to you as they come along Jerry. The one of the part will show a slotted booster tube, but that's cause I didn't think of taking that picture before starting.

Oh, I'll be building the Sonic 2200 to hold my XAVIEN XDSRT-1 time for staging.

Jason

Jason,

I would love to see pics, especially since you are using a USR product with a "great" little timer from me :)

Steve

Originally posted by XAVIEN
Lance you're such a "glory hound" :)

Have I been submitting pictures to Jerry? Yes.
Did I ask (or beg) to be on the USR website? Absolutely not.
But do I like it? YES :D

<soapbox>
I have no problems being an outspoken supporter of a company/product/service (and not necessarily rocketry related) where I have had consistently & repeatedly excellent experiences. U.S. Rockets & Jerry Irvine are IMHO certainly worthy to me.

I also feel that my support in submitting pictures to manufacturers, helping proofread reviews for EMRR, being an active contributor to TRF, & being a club officer are the very least I can do to "pay it forward" in the hobby. I encourage others to give their time, support, money, & knowledge in anyway that they can too. Plus, it's a WHOLE LOT OF FUN!!!
</soapbox>

Jason,

I would love to see pics, especially since you are using a USR product with a "great" little timer from me :)

Steve

Pardon the slight OT post, but it would be great to see pictures of any & all applications of Steve's/XAVIEN's products...particularly in USR products ;)

Lance,

You have such a great sales pitch :D

BTW, the reason I bought my BANSHEE was because of the review you gave it ;)

Keep up the positive thoughts and the great product reviews!

Steve

Originally posted by jetra2
I'll get photos of my Sonic 2200 to you as they come along Jerry. The one of the part will show a slotted booster tube, but that's cause I didn't think of taking that picture before starting.

Oh, I'll be building the Sonic 2200 to hold my XAVIEN XDSRT-1 time for staging.

Jason

If it works, may I recommend customers buy them?

Jerry

Jerry,

I'd hope your rockets work and you recommend them ;)

Seriously though, you can definately recommend them. I will be releasing a newer version of the XDSRT-1 that uses a G-SWITCH or the "PULL-PIN" option, it will be up to the user.

Steve

Jerry,

I'd hope your rockets work and you recommend them ;)

Seriously though, you can definately recommend them. I will be releasing a newer version of the XDSRT-1 that uses a G-SWITCH or the "PULL-PIN" option, it will be up to the user.

Steve

I would urge you to make a device that "makes a Piston Stager work" without fuse.

I would urge you to make a device that "makes a Sentra SRB n work" as expected.

Ogee Quad SRB too!!

Jerry

Jerry,

I'd love to make some elctronics for this, of course I'd need a sample product of each ....... ;)

Can't blame me for trying :D

After I finish the ARG-2 launch in February I will "have some time" on my hands. So I can definately look into this.

Steve

Jerry,

I'd love to make some elctronics for this, of course I'd need a sample product of each ....... ;)

Can't blame me for trying :D

After I finish the ARG-2 launch in February I will "have some time" on my hands. So I can definately look into this.

Steve

And you give me a "special price on the first X copies of the devices.

Jerry

Jerry,

It's a deal, how does 50% cost of parts ONLY sound. I will eat all the design labor (PCB, software, users manual) and assembly labor for the first few dozen. How does that sound?

Like you told me before, "Gottal love the small business" :D

Steve

Do I smell a partnership???!!!

Custom electronics for USR Kits!

I can feel my credit card heating up already!

Originally posted by KarlD
Do I smell a partnership???!!!

Custom electronics for USR Kits!

I can feel my credit card heating up already!

Karl, I think you & I were maybe separated at birth. We are on the same wavelength entirely too much... :D

And the only loser I see in this potential future partnership is the thickness in my wallet. :D :D :D But that's a good thing, y'know! :cool:

Jerry,

It's a deal, how does 50% cost of parts ONLY sound. I will eat all the design labor (PCB, software, users manual) and assembly labor for the first few dozen. How does that sound?

Like you told me before, "Gottal love the small business" :D

Steve

Email me the terms of agreement.

[email protected]

There might be a few things "in the works" already, who knows :)

Steve

I also forgot to mention earlier that I'd be willing to beta test any designs that come out on the positive side of this venture. My services are cheap (read: free) & I give very good constructive feedback! :D

Originally posted by lalligood
I also forgot to mention earlier that I'd be willing to beta test any designs that come out on the positive side of this venture. My services are cheap (read: free) & I give very good constructive feedback! :D

Maybe something for the upcoming kit "mini-Slipper Dual Deploy". That would be cool to sell in every hobby store.

Jerry

Originally posted by lalligood

"Waves Hands"

"In case you need another beta tester"

Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
Maybe something for the upcoming kit "mini-Slipper Dual Deploy". That would be cool to sell in every hobby store.

Jerry

An Entry-level Turn-key 18mm Dual deploy rig....

Talk about an ESTES Slam-Dunk!

I hope it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back