U.S. Rockets NEW website updates

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
I wish uers would help me create useful web site content.

Pictures of USR kit builds and uses, including prep and payloads.

I wish someone would compile comments made on product into an "executive summary" with quotes.

That would make good content.

Jerry
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Updates have been made to ADD a comments section to AMR-El Lubbo, :LSS-Piston Stager, CC-Sentra SRB 2.7.

At this point I am looking not for comments on content, but whether adding it at all is helpful, whether the format is readable, etc. Note the Piston Stager comment section has a link. Useful? Better one I missed?

Jerry
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
U.S.Rockets 18mm series updates.

This is a MAJOR update including to all detail pages of the individual kits which were not previously on the net.

These kits are not readily available yet, but soon.

https://www.v-serv.com/usr/18mmkits.htm

Jerry

As usual, report glaring errors.
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Minor updates to:

AMR-El Lubbo
18mm-Mach Buster
instaship
12in-custom rockets page
super specials data corrections
LSS-Warp-3
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by KarlD
Sweet update Jerry!

Three cheers to Mr. Alligood for a wonderful photo essay!

It's been up for, what, an hour or so, and 5 people have already emailed to say just how GREAT such a photo essay is and how helpful it is to visualizing why that product is so exciting and not yet another 3FNC rocket.

Consumer feedback is PARAMOUNT.

Jerry
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
It's been up for, what, an hour or so, and 5 people have already emailed to say just how GREAT such a photo essay is and how helpful it is to visualizing why that product is so exciting and not yet another 3FNC rocket.

Consumer feedback is PARAMOUNT.

Jerry

See Jerry...we told you that you'd sell more kits if you had pictures of the actual products ;)

I'm just doing my part to help you sell kits. REALLY COOL KITS :D

BTW, it's very nice to hear the positive feedback for my efforts too!
 

tnrocketman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2002
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
I can confess what pushed me over the edge to order El Lubbo was reading the reviews here from others and seeing the actual parts of several kits under construction.
 

KarlD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by tnrocketman
I can confess what pushed me over the edge to order El Lubbo was reading the reviews here from others and seeing the actual parts of several kits under construction.

Lalligood's Postings on his Banshee build was the push that I needed to try USR Kits. Now I am an official USR Kit Zombie (tm)!

"Where is that instaship page printout?'"
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by KarlD
Lalligood's Postings on his Banshee build was the push that I needed to try USR Kits. Now I am an official USR Kit Zombie (tm)!

"Where is that instaship page printout?'"

:eek: Gosh, I had no idea that I'd influenced people on here so strongly... I don't know if it's the "creature of habit" instinct in me or what but there just are certain brands that I swear by. Shoes, restaurants, retail stores, and rockets are some of those things though that I just stick to a few select brands...
I have absolutely ZERO relations with U.S. Rockets other than being a very satisfied customer. I still order, pay for, & build my kits just like everyone else does. Jerry runs a tight business and has always impressed me with his order-payment-shipping policy, customer service, and products. I send him emails with questions and he has always gotten back to me in an amazingly short period of time. Everytime. As long as he keeps that up (& the wife lets me spend $$$ on rockets), I'm certain to remain a repeat USR customer as long as I stay in the hobby (and I'm not leaving anytime soon!)
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by tnrocketman
I can confess what pushed me over the edge to order El Lubbo was reading the reviews here from others and seeing the actual parts of several kits under construction.

I know that Jerry doesn't like me saying this but I think that El Lubbo is still the hardest rocket I've ever built--even more challenging than the USR Sentra SRB 2.7. So (and this is the part I think he doesn't like or at least agree with) I think that El Lubbo should be bumped up to a skill level 4 kit & the Sentra SRB 2.7 downrated to a 3. The Sentra has more parts (than any other kit I've built!) but I probably spent more time working on the El Lubbo nose cone alone than what I spent on almost building the entire Sentra SRB 2.7. A lot of that time was during the finishing process though & if you didn't touch it, would *never* guess that it was made of paper! Yeah, I'll pat myself on the back for the work I put into it... However, I can definitely say that I've gotten rather good at the USR shroud technique since I've built an El Lubbo, Stiletto, & now Sentra SRB 2.7. Maybe it's because I'm not as daunted by the shroud building process? I dunno. The shrouds on the last 2 rockets aren't nearly as structurally important though too. I like building the shrouds but I don't think I want to build another El Lubbo anytime soon. Not in the near future anyway...

OK, I'm feeling like I'm rambling now but I can tell you that all 3 of those USR kits will provide quite a build challenge for anyone that is in search of one--they are anything but 3FNCs!

Again, I'm glad that Jerry & I can inspire someone :)
 

KarlD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by lalligood
I don't know if it's the "creature of habit" instinct in me or what but there just are certain brands that I swear by. Shoes, restaurants, retail stores, and rockets are some of those things though that I just stick to a few select brands...
I have absolutely ZERO relations with U.S. Rockets other than being a very satisfied customer. I still order, pay for, & build my kits just like everyone else does. Jerry runs a tight business and has always impressed me with his order-payment-shipping policy, customer service, and products. I send him emails with questions and he has always gotten back to me in an amazingly short period of time. Everytime. As long as he keeps that up (& the wife lets me spend $$$ on rockets), I'm certain to remain a repeat USR customer as long as I stay in the hobby (and I'm not leaving anytime soon!)

Sounds like wisdom to me Lalligood.

We stick by things that we learn that we can trust, and discard things that let us down or betray us. I am willing to give everyone and everything a chance, but trust is not something given by me…It must be earned.

That goes doubly for hobby expenditures. So far, I have built and flown a USR Warp 3, a Sonic 3100, an Interroc and a Banshee. All rockets have preformed flawlessly, and I am looking forward to the Slipper, an Easy Rider and the High-Test 2225 that are in various stages of build or finish.

“If the weather lets up long enough for me to do some priming and painting…”

I have had the same experience with Jerry that you have had. The times that I need to contact him on issues with his kits, or if I have questions about something rocketry related, he has always responded promptly to my E-mails. Jerry’s customer service style is one that is rare in this society….and it is appreacated. He is always helpful with parts issues or with answering my questions. He has even posted some of my photos on the USR site. I hope that my contributions help him sell some kits.

He runs a class operation, and I will be ordering more kits in the future.
Jerry and his company have my trust.

"Biding my time till the 6" Banshee comes out"
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by KarlD
I have had the same experience with Jerry that you have had. The times that I need to contact him on issues with his kits, or if I have questions about something rocketry related, he has always responded promptly to my E-mails. Jerry’s customer service style is one that is rare in this society….and it is appreacated. He is always helpful with parts issues or with answering my questions. He has even posted some of my photos on the USR site. I hope that my contributions help him sell some kits.

He runs a class operation, and I will be ordering more kits in the future.
Jerry and his company have my trust.

"Biding my time till the 6" Banshee comes out"

We are such b***kissers! :p

I want a 6" Banshee so bad I can taste it too.
 
Top