U.S. Rockets brand KITS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yah you cant really go wrong when you dont have to pay until you get the rocket

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy
Jerry's 'bill on delivery' has worked well for me.........in fact I would prefer it from more vendors, then the occasional damaged goods could be worked out in one fell swoop instead of several emails and phone calls, credit, refund........

If that's what it takes to "counteract a bad rep" or a 'percieved' bad rep, so be it. I have no reason not to deal with someone willing to do so. That would seem to make his service more correct. :)

I agree, it's a very commendable policy regardless of why it was instituted.

Originally posted by Feegs
I've built the Banshee last year and have flown it many many times. Very solid rocket. It even survived a failed shock cord with no damage. One of my favorite rockets. I have launch vids of it on an E18 and F52. I can post those if anyone is interested.

Jerry - Thanks for a cool kit and can you extend that Banshee offer to apply to the Aero-Roc? ;)

I'll send you an Aero-Roc (bill on delivery regular price) and you mail me the videos on a DVD or CD, and you bill me for the CD's.

Then I will recommend you buy bigger rockets :)

Jerry

wow jerry i just realized you live in california those rockets should be here in no time

I placed an order for a banshee yesterday at 4:30 PM EST and received a confirmation E-mail at 6:00 PM from Jerry. That is some kind of customer service!

I never had a US Rockets kit before, heard some mixed comments before, but I say give them a chance. Looks like Jerry is trying to improve things... and it looks like he is willing to risk loosing money just to improve things.

It would also be helpful--not to mention greatly appreciated--for anyone with a U.S. Rockets kit to write & submit a review to EMRR (as well as posting any feedback here) so that folks considering purchasing a USR kit have (hopefully) an unbiased opinion... USR sells quite a few kits & currently there are only 5 or 6 kit reviews online. :(

i am getting several of there kits pretty soon and i will post feedback however i dont have a digital camera so i wont be able to provide pics

Originally posted by KarlD
What is the procedure to submit a review?

Write something and send it to them!

Actually, there's an online submission tool they like you to use:
https://www.rocketreviews.com/submit.shtml
Which takes you through what they like to see in a review.

Personally I find that a bit limiting, so I tend to write the review anyhow I like, and send them a url to a page. It usually takes longer to get on the site that way, but they get on in the end.

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Personally I find that a bit limiting, so I tend to write the review anyhow I like, and send them a url to a page. It usually takes longer to get on the site that way, but they get on in the end.

Alternatively...

A method that works for me is to write the review in Word or a plain text file (use whatever text editor/word processor you feel most comfortable with). That way I don't have to write the entire review in one single session & then I can cut 'n' paste it into the EMRR submit page.

bachsta,
Don't worry (or let that stop you) if you don't have a digital camera. Nick can often get permission to use pictures directly from the manufacturer if none are submitted with the review!

HTH,

Heard a knock on the door this afternoon.

The "Blue-Suit Santa Clause", (IE the postman) drops off a box from Jerry! I am surprised, to say the least.

24 hours from initial e-mail to delivery from Claremont CA?!?!?!?!

I am amazed!

Initial inspection is very good. High Quality balsa nosecone, fins slightly nicked on one tip...no problem with a good fillet. .

Good looking tubes...no odors...:)

Centering rings are a bit rough around the edges...on par with the centering rings on my Public Missiles Explorer. Those rings are rock solid, so I have no worries there.

Need to clear off the bench and get busy! Many pictures will follow.

Looks like a perfect match for my RMS 28/60 case!

Here is a picture of the kit bag.

alright ill see what i can do as far as the revies go but i probably wont get em up until, at the earliest, the end of the month because there supposed to be birthday presints so i wont get to see them until the 26th

Heard a knock on the door this afternoon.

The "Blue-Suit Santa Clause", (IE the postman) drops off a box from Jerry! I am surprised, to say the least.

24 hours from initial e-mail to delivery from Claremont CA?!?!?!?!

I am amazed!

Initial inspection is very good. High Quality balsa nosecone, fins slightly nicked on one tip...no problem with a good fillet. .

Good looking tubes...no odors...:)

Centering rings are a bit rough around the edges...on par with the centering rings on my Public Missiles Explorer. Those rings are rock solid, so I have no worries there.

Need to clear off the bench and get busy! Many pictures will follow.

Looks like a perfect match for my RMS 28/60 case!

Here is a picture of the kit bag.

Yep, that looks a lot like what I received from USR a few months back... And the Banshee is indeed an excellent match for the 29/60 case :)

For maximum results, build the entire kit with yellow wood glue and use Elmer's Fill 'n' Finish to smooth out the fins & nose cone. There are only 2 modifications I made to the entire build:
1) Used rail buttons instead of the launch lugs.
2) Used a larger streamer. I made a 5" x 96" streamer from a plastic tablecloth, which is the same material as the kit streamer. You can find the tablecloths for less than $2 at a party store & they come in a zillion colors.

And please post your pics :D

I plan many pictures.

I use Yellow Tiebond glue for all of my BP projects, so I caan attest to it's strength. I will epoxy the fin fllets cause they look so much better than yellow glue ones.

I have a roll of yellow "Caution" tape that was given to me at the plant. It should work well for a bigger streamer...

Looking forward to the construction and documentation!

Good looking tubes...no odors...

Excuse me????:confused: No odor???:confused:

Ahhh...could you explain that particular inspection technique.

I remember doing that with mimeographed sheets my teachers would hand out but...body tubes??

It sounds like you like the USR kits...maybe a little too much.:D

I remember doing that with mimeographed sheets my teachers would hand out but...body tubes??
ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

I'll bet at least half of the people on the forum have no idea what you are talking about.

Love that faded purple ink. ;)

Originally posted by sandman
Excuse me????:confused: No odor???:confused:

Ahhh...could you explain that particular inspection technique.

It sounds like you like the USR kits...maybe a little too much.:D

LOL kk..I will explain,

There was an old RMR thread about Jerry's kits. The poster was complaining that the US Rocket kit that he had bought was old and that it "smelled funny". I got the impression that the poster had received old storage stock and that the stock was not rotated fast enough. Who knows?

My kit looked like it was bagged yesterday. I just threw that one in so that Jerry might have a laugh. I hope he enjoys coming here and not having to deal with all of the personal attacks that he has to endure on RMR.

Originally posted by BobH48

I'll bet at least half of the people on the forum have no idea what you are talking about.

OH Dear...Break out the walker....

I remember that smell...

:D

Originally posted by bachsta
i am getting several of there kits pretty soon and i will post feedback however i dont have a digital camera so i wont be able to provide pics

Use a disposable. Beter pics anyway.

Or I could send you a digital "bill on delivery".

:)

Originally posted by BobH48

I just hated when they still felt wet...lol

Oh those Mimiograph sheets...

I remember

...and am frightened that...

I remember :)

Carl

I hope he enjoys coming here and not having to deal with all of the personal attacks that he has to endure on RMR.

I agree... Not to mention that I/we don't have to read through them either! :p :D

Originally posted by CTulanko
Oh those Mimiograph sheets...

I remember

...and am frightened that...

I remember :)

Carl

Carl, yer a dinosaur like me... Remember the built in printer that came with some of the old VT-50 monitors? That was mimiograph as well, so you could actually get that *smell* to come right out of your terminal... LOL

And it didn't just *feel* wet... LOL

Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
Use a disposable. Beter pics anyway.
:)
yah i guess i could probably just get one of those throw away digital cameras.

After 3 wildly successful & enjoyable flights with my USR Banshee (on a AT SU F50-9T, AT F22-7J rld, & just today an AT F40-7W rld), I decided that it was time to try out some more of the USR product line. I've got an order in for 3 kits: an El Lubbo (which to my understanding has a paper nose cone--I'm always looking for a new challenge!), a Miniroc 1.2 (to be [ab]used as a 29mm mach buster), and a Weightlofter (7-motor mid power cluster :D :D ). Hopefully should arrive sometime next week. Will update after they arrive.

Latest posts

Back