Quantcast

U.S. Rockets again

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
525
Reaction score
0
I wish to thank folks on TRF for the positive comments on U.S. Rockets brand kits. Now pass the word to clubs and magazines and online sites!

There is a thread in mid-power under Sentra SRB that offers an EXCLUSIVE TRF release of a custom kit Sentra SRB 2.7" (available parts Sentra).

USR is about to release several 18mm motor rockets. While they have already been "Beta Tested", it is always good to have early adopters to buy some, build, make comments on improvements mainly to instructions, and do photos and flight reports for website stuff. So if you want to be one of those folks keep an eye out on the instaship page for new releases or just send email to orders@usrockets.com to get pre-release details.

One is a 2 stage 18mm direct staged rocket that is 1" OD.

One is an Interroc like rocket with a 1.22" OD

One is a mini-Sentra SRB 1.22" (no pod release!)

There are a couple of others.

Thanks again and post more photos of builds and flights of your USR kits.

Jerry
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
The Micro-Gigantor would be a great for anyone looking for a super challenging LPR build. USR doesn't use plastic or balsa reducers--you cut the body tubes & use centering rings to make them yourself!

I recently received one of their El Lubbo kits. Haven't started it yet because I'm working on the Miniroc 1.2 & Weightlofter kits. The El Lubbo though has you building 2 transitions --a boat tail around the fins and a nose cone! (Actually there's enough material to build 2 of the nose cones, so I can build up to 3 transitions total...) This will be the lightest 4" diameter (and nearly 4 feet tall) rocket I have ever built & probably even seen.

Look for pics & comments on all 3 USR kits in the Kit Reviews forum soon...
 

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
11,716
Reaction score
8
I'm looking forward to the El Lubbo review. Light is good. It would be pretty reasy to make additional nose shapes using this technique and have them interchangable.
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
525
Reaction score
0
New kits have been added to the web page. Most are not on instaship yet.

MR 2B and Micro-Interroc is. So is Pillar of Fire.

Sentra SRB 2.7 is a TRF exclusive release and the first 10 are being taken as custom orders with prepayment only.

http://www.v-serv.com/usr/kits.htm

Order by email and generally expect to wait a month or less for the other ones.

As usual plan on using your own chutes.

Email feedback highly encouraged, and yes I know many links are dead.

Jerry
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
New kits have been added to the web page. Most are not on instaship yet.

MR 2B and Micro-Interroc is. So is Pillar of Fire.

Sentra SRB 2.7 is a TRF exclusive release and the first 10 are being taken as custom orders with prepayment only.
Jerry,

I hate you. :p I just order & receive 3 excellent USR kits & then you have the nerve to release a bunch of even cooler kits! <sigh> I gotta wait a while before the wife will let me order any more rockets :rolleyes:

The Piston Launched Microc & the Sentra SRB 2.7 look awesome. The Pillar of Fire too. (BTW, do all of these kits come with balsa nose cones?)

Keep up the fantastic work :D
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
I also wanted to share with everyone that USR has quite the sweet discount when you order 3 or more kits. I was billed (as in asked to pay *after* I ordered & received the kits--another unique feature to USR!) for a few bucks less than the cost of the kits themselves. That's like getting free shipping :D
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
525
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by lalligood
Jerry,

I hate you. :p I just order & receive 3 excellent USR kits & then you have the nerve to release a bunch of even cooler kits! <sigh> I gotta wait a while before the wife will let me order any more rockets :rolleyes:

The Piston Launched Microc & the Sentra SRB 2.7 look awesome. The Pillar of Fire too. (BTW, do all of these kits come with balsa nose cones?)

Keep up the fantastic work :D
Don't wait. Bill on delivery solves all :kill:

The 3 inch rockets use plastic nose cones. We have been negotiating a bulk purchase of balsa nose cones on 3 inch with unsatisfactory timing to date. Apparantly they hog quite a bit of balsa :D

I am especially looking forward to putting folks build pics on the web site and seeing reviews of new kits which should wake up the rest of the world that USR is a truly progressive and responsive brand.

Get now, pay later. What's wrong with these people? :cool:

Jerry
 

bachsta

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
251
Reaction score
0
yah jerry your evil:p lol. well hay my birthday was yesterday so i finally got to see the kits whick include the warp3 (man thats a thick coupler), the piston stager, the banshee, and the el lubbo and now you come out with even more really great kits. i guess i better start savong up again. is there any way i could get just the instructions for one of the sentra srb's and a parts list because 120$ is still out of my proce range
 

KarlD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
379
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Jerry Irvine

Sentra SRB 2.7 is a TRF exclusive release and the first 10 are being taken as custom orders with prepayment only.

Jerry
I hope a few of those kits are still available when I can afford them...somewhere in 1st or 2nd quarter of 2005...
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
OK, I can't seem to resist the temptaion of ordering more USR kits... (The wife is gonna kill me! :kill: ) Before I give in though, I do have a couple of questions for Jerry about some of the new Custom Clusters kits...

First, what is the big difference between Pillar of Fire and Slipper? They seem to be pretty similar except one is longer than the other & the number of fins. Am I missing something?

Second, what motor combinations would you recommend for the Sentra SRB 2.7? Appropriate low(er) power, mid power, & (all out) high power combinations would be nice :)
 

PunkRocketScience

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
0
Jerry-

If the mini-Sentra SRB doesn't pod release, do the ejection gasses just vent? Or do the casings rear eject? This one looks so cool I'm gonna have to talk my wife into letting me order one!
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
525
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by lalligood
OK, I can't seem to resist the temptaion of ordering more USR kits... (The wife is gonna kill me! :kill: ) Before I give in though, I do have a couple of questions for Jerry about some of the new Custom Clusters kits...

First, what is the big difference between Pillar of Fire and Slipper? They seem to be pretty similar except one is longer than the other & the number of fins. Am I missing something?

Second, what motor combinations would you recommend for the Sentra SRB 2.7? Appropriate low(er) power, mid power, & (all out) high power combinations would be nice :)
Yes length and fin shape. The longer Slipper allows TRIPLE drop staging! BUY ESTES D12-0's IN BULK!

On the 2.7" Sentra, I invision E50-4's in the pods and a G30-8 in the center for a MR flight.

P.S. The rockets are FOR your wife :) You are going to have an outdoor experience together at the rocket launch.
 

Jerry Irvine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
525
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by RocketmanTM
Jerry-

If the mini-Sentra SRB doesn't pod release, do the ejection gasses just vent? Or do the casings rear eject? This one looks so cool I'm gonna have to talk my wife into letting me order one!
The kit recommends venting and discusses simple eject. So either.
 

PunkRocketScience

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
0
Okay, I couldn't resist anymore....I have ordered both the Sentra 2.7 and the mini-Sentra. I'll post a review as soon as I get them built on EMRR!
 

lalligood

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,975
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by RocketmanTM
Okay, I couldn't resist anymore....I have ordered both the Sentra 2.7 and the mini-Sentra. I'll post a review as soon as I get them built on EMRR!
You can post pics of 'em here long before you have them completely built!! I want to see all the parts & here about the strap-on boosters with both of those kits. Enjoy :)
 

EMRR

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
1,782
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
Sentra SRB 2.7 is a TRF exclusive release and the first 10 are being taken as custom orders with prepayment only.

Order by email and generally expect to wait a month or less for the other ones.

Jerry
What is the ETA on the SRB 2.7?

Nick
 

Latest posts

Top