GO TXSO 2022 - TEXAS SHOOTOUT 2022 - 32,000AGL WAIVER

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnapRoll

Reaction score
It's with GREAT honor and excitement that the Board of Directors of Tripoli North Texas cordially invites you to...

TNT Logo.png

The 2022 TXSO - "The Texas Shootout" @ The TNT ROCKET RANCH
The Texas Shootout is an annual event that we started last year that intends to bring ALL the Texas Clubs and their members together for a big, exciting, Texas sized event for fun, flying, and fellowship! We are honored to have anyone and everyone travel to our event this year, and enjoy our large flying field and waiver. The Waiver is a standing to 16,500AGL, with call in's to 32,000AGL! (30,000AGL Research motor) The TNT Board of Directors respectfully requests that you send us an e-mail with your intention for a flight above 16,500AGL, or larger than an M motor so that we can coordinate to best serve you. We have a new hydraulic launch tower that can handle the BIGGEST projects you have to offer. This event will take place on Memorial Day Weekend, with the flying days of May 28, May 29, and 1/2 Day on May 30. We have some fantastic flights planned for the TXSO 2022 already with multiple O's, N's and a load of M's scheduled to go fly into the beautiful Texas sky. Our launch site is located in Seymour TX, to the SW of Wichita Falls.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, LOCATION AND REGISTRATION : www.tripolinorthtexas.org
GO TO--> EVENT CALENDAR --> Click on TEXAS SHOOTOUT 2022 on the Calendar

NOTE: YOU CAN FIND THE SEYMOUR LAUNCH SITE BY LOOKING UP 'TRIPOLI NORTH TEXAS SEYMOUR LAUNCH SITE' on GOOGLE MAPS.

Please come and join us, and let our club know how we can help to give you the best rocketry experience possible! Reply to this message, or feel free to e-mail [email protected] with any questions

New mega-pad, new mega-ceiling, it's going to be a big time. Last year was the best reintroduction to rocketry I could have wished for, and so long as the weather cooperates, I've every reason to expect this year to be even better.

IMG_3751.PNG

Looking forward to the TXSO 2022 - I'll be flying "Dracula" on Saturday.

Dracula is a 8.0" MiM-23 Hawk in Romanian Air Force Colors, in honor of my wife who is from Arad, Romania. It weighs 105 pounds dry, mostly due to the weight of the 40 pound nosecone. It's all fiberglass, and all the guts and components are from MAC Performance Rocketry, and Lab Rat Rocketry. He'll have 3 altimeters on board, and almost 45G of black powder when it leaves the pad.

First flight will be on a CTI N3180RL, simulated to 7,000ft.

Hope to see everyone there, share what you're flying on this thread!

Last edited:
Man, does this sound like a launch and a half..
I wish I could make it..
You all have a wonderful time..

Teddy

Greetings from East TN...

Really looking forward to this event!

I plan on flying this 4" LOC Nike Zeus for my L1 certification attempt.
Sims to just over 2000' on a Loki I405LW
Good luck! Great rocket: motor combo!!!

For those of us who have never met in real life i made a spreadsheet to track a way to recognize each other. If you want to add your name and a way to recognize you then leave a comment in the sheet and i'll add the row.

( prepend the below with "https://" )
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d-bZ06DqBXvSsmWWYWQrHBiAjscFy0179frFRQlPn58/edit?usp=sharing

@Chad, I think you'll need to be more specific than "black SpaceX hat," since there may be dozens of those. :)

Not sure what I'll be wearing that far out. Hopefully neither a raincoat or a windbreaker!

For those of us who have never met in real life i made a spreadsheet to track a way to recognize each other. If you want to add your name and a way to recognize you then leave a comment in the sheet and i'll add the row.

( prepend the below with "https://" )
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d-bZ06DqBXvSsmWWYWQrHBiAjscFy0179frFRQlPn58/edit?usp=sharing
Or you could just walk around, introduce yourself, shake hands, make friends, socialize if you will.... :)

I met @SnapRoll a couple years ago in said manner, now we are like BFF's! :p

Or you could just walk around, introduce yourself, shake hands, make friends, socialize if you will.... :)

I met @SnapRoll a couple years ago in said manner, now we are like BFF's! :p
hah yes, i'm just super bad about meeting people to the point it could seem like i'm being a jerk. I'm only launching twice ( as of now ) but i want to meet everyone so will just walk up and down the flight line :)

hah yes, i'm just super bad about meeting people to the point it could seem like i'm being a jerk. I'm only launching twice ( as of now ) but i want to meet everyone so will just walk up and down the flight line :)
I hear you, for I too am bad at meeting people. Yet . . . last year's Shootout was the first launch I'd been to in 30+ years, and I knew precisely 0 people who were into rocketry at the time. I recently looked back at last year's thread and realized that in the subsequent year, I'd met all but one or two of those who posted to that thread. So I manage somehow. It helps that rocket people are the coolest - and most helpful - cats on the planet.

(Come to think of it, the second or third launch I went to was that DARS launch where we met.)

Looking forward to seeing everything this weekend in Seymour, TX!

The WX Looks a bit windy, so throw in some high impulse motors and plan accordingly.

A big THANK YOU and shout out to Chris Bender from Lab Rat Rocketry - who has again this year provided Door Prizes and discount certificates for registered fliers.

Check out Lab Rat Rocketry at https://www.labratrocketry.com/

Thanks to Chris for support Tripoli North Texas!

heh the high is now forecasted to be 104, do you guys have a pool at the launch site?

EDIT: does anyone know if there will be a vendor selling motors at the launch? If so I may bring another airframe..

I’ll be flying this guy twice (hopefully). Nothing too fancy, H to G two stage, mostly practicing procedures, electronics config, and some 3dprint concepts.
3ED54BB2-8B40-47A2-886D-9C8E0D24A281.jpeg

Last edited:
does anyone know if there will be a vendor selling motors at the launch? If so I may bring another airframe..
Answered by PM earlier, but I'll post here for anyone who needs to know: Harry Spears, the Motor Man, should be there. He keeps inventory on his website up to date.
I’ll be flying this guy twice (hopefully). Nothing too fancy, H to G two stage, mostly practicing procedures, electronics config, and some 3dprint concepts.
Looking forward to seeing that one in the air again!

I’m late to this thread but i want to interject that the best way to meet people at large launches is to VOLUNTEER FOR RANGE DUTIES. There are jobs at every level of experience. Pad manager and RSO positions interact with every flyer.

Give it a try. It works.

The wind sucked but i really enjoyed the event and a sincere Thank You to TNT for a great time! The storm coming in Saturday evening really cooled things off and, ironically, settled the wind a little bit for the dinner. Sunday morning stayed calm later than forecast and i was able to get two launches in. I launched my sustainer as a stand alone rocket on a G80 and nearly lost it! Thanks to the West Texas Rocketry guys for finding it.. yet again haha. I'm going to write my cell num on the body tubes of all my rockets from here on out.

another sincere thank you to Bad_Idea for being so helpful to everyone (and me especially). Setting up, tearing down, finding rockets, launch prep, shuttling people to/from hotels, operations, some really good beer, the list goes on and on.

another sincere thank you to Bad_Idea for being so helpful to everyone (and me especially). Setting up, tearing down, finding rockets, launch prep, shuttling people to/from hotels, operations, some really good beer, the list goes on and on.
Wow, thanks man. I did a lot less than many, notably the TNT leaders. Every minute of the weekend was a blast, even our overland trek though fields and hog wallows after the phantom GPS signal. Can't say enough about how great it is to hang out with rocket people, whether we get to launch a lot or not. Thanks to each and everyone who made the event so great, especially all the TNT folk who did the heavy lifting.

So many great stories from this weekend I couldn't even start to recount them all.

The Texas Shootout 2022, despite the horrible wind conditions, was a success and it was great to see and visit with everyone that attended. We hope next year we can have better weather. Thanks so much to everyone who came, and a special thanks to those that drove a long ways from neighboring states to be with us! We are already in the planning process for next year and hope to make it better than ever.

I'm grateful that I was able to get Dracula up and down, and made a movie of the construction and onboard of the flight.. the movie file is large, so I'm gonna try to drop the MailDrop Link here:

https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?...A93fT8hKgw&f=Dracula L3 Video.mov&sz=35224189

Back