• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

two vintage Estes kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathman

Reaction score
I have two unopened vintage Estes kits for sale. Purchased by me in the mid-1990s.

#1242: Estes Orbital Transport. Green packaging. This kit is near-mint! The only flaw is that the large body tube is a little bit dinged on one end.

#1265: Estes Scissor Wing Transport. Blue packaging. This kit is in excellent condition. The top of the bag is slightly ripped, and the large body tube is slightly compressed.

Asking $225/each, and shipping from Minnesota is extra. Thanks for viewing.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

troll

buy 8 orbital transporters new and have money left over https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/semroc-orbital-transport-221.html and without tube damage!
scissor wing transport plans https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/estes/est1265.pdf

I have two unopened vintage Estes kits for sale. Purchased by me in the mid-1990s.

#1242: Estes Orbital Transport. Green packaging. This kit is near-mint! The only flaw is that the large body tube is a little bit dinged on one end.

#1265: Estes Scissor Wing Transport. Blue packaging. This kit is in excellent condition. The top of the bag is slightly ripped, and the large body tube is slightly compressed.

Asking $225/each, and shipping from Minnesota is extra. Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
That would be a Semroc kit, not Estes. The kits the "troll" is selling are collector's items, I would think. And how is a PDF of plans the same as a full blown kit? Wow.

The orbital transport has been reissued, so that may or may not hurt its price. One original did sell on eBay a couple weeks ago for $170

scissor wings sell more often, having never been reissued, but pull in between $116 and $150

prices may seem high, but they are collectible, and he can set them where he wishes. I once paid $110 for a shadow, and I'm still OK with that price.

Good of luck on the sale- someone out there wants them.

Thanks everyone for viewing and your comments. Indeed, these are collector items that have gone for $150 or higher in eBay sales in the last few years. Because the audience of this website is composed is enthusiasts, experts, and collectors, I imagined that you might be most interested. Please note that I've indicated an asking price but am negotiable.

Back