Two New rocket enthusiasts!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a pretty Baby ! :)

Thanks, Sam! We didn't want to do the boring black or whatever dark color that is shown on the package. My daughter picked out the colors and painted the base color. I did the 'fade'. It turned out pretty good for a rattle can job.

You should really launch a three stager at a club launch. And ask for advice BEFORE you launch it. They can be very tricky and with three parts to track on the way down recovery is challenging. I don't think I have ever seen a Commanche launched AND recovered intact.

Reviewing some posts. If you do go with the Comanche make first flight with the LOWEST recommended engines, especially B6-0 in stage 2 and consider even dropping to A8-5 in stage 3/sustainer. You are much more likely to HAVE a second flight if you follow this advice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, sir! We have the Comanche on the back burner for now. We're still working our way through some kits we bought initially, and, well, some new ones we've bought over the past few weeks. lol We still need to get together sometime and launch at the park!

Finally getting around to an informal introduction after joining a couple weeks or so ago.

My first rocket was an Alpha (go figure) back in 1989 that I built as part of a project in drafting class. I designed a launch pad that I drew by hand and then took that drawing with me to shop class and built it. My teacher gave me the Alpha kit to go with my launch pad. Sadly, I no longer have either of them, and what's worse, I never did launch that rocket.

Fast forward to a couple months ago...my daughter built a rocket and launched it as part of her 6th grade technology class. She came home super excited and the rest, as they say, is history.

We've amassed a nice collection of rockets already, and of those, we've built five of them. Well, we built two, she built the other three.

We're looking forward to many more builds and many great launches. I'll post some pics of our builds and such soon.

This form seems like a great place to be from the lurking that I've been doing since joining. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of it. Fun times!

And so, it begins . . .

Welcome to Rocketry !

Dave F.

Back