Two new NewWay kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I'm the only one to have noticed this, but two 18mm motor tubes fit perfectly, corner to corner, inside of the New Way square tube.
You have to make your own system for sealing the gaps and the fin tangs need to be shortened but it isn't that difficult to convert a NewWay rocket to a cluster.

Just remember to add so nose weight to counter that second motor.

Drew,
I just received a new order of 1.33” tubing and they really messed it up. So, I’m going back and forth with them about them remaking the tubes. So far they are dragging their feet. I have none of this size tubing currently. It’s been 2 weeks already since I got the bad tubes and they are still looking into it. Hopefully I’ll be able to help you out, it just might take a bit.

Interesting designs does the square body hinder or help to adding drag, stability, or speed?

I don't know if I'm the only one to have noticed this, but two 18mm motor tubes fit perfectly, corner to corner, inside of the New Way square tube.
You have to make your own system for sealing the gaps and the fin tangs need to be shortened but it isn't that difficult to convert a NewWay rocket to a cluster.

Just remember to add so nose weight to counter that second motor.

The Cornered kit does this exact thing. Flies great on 2 C6-5's.

Interesting designs does the square body hinder or help to adding drag, stability, or speed?

Hinders mostly. It's just for fun.

We had a setback on the 3D printer and the top part of the Saturn IV isn’t printing right. I’ve also had to increase the size of the fins and lots of nose weight. I’m still hopeful for it. I’m currently waiting on a new machine.
The andromeda like rocket is called the USS Element. It’s twin engine powered. I’ve only built the prototype, but went ahead and painted it to work out finishing details. Hope to have it in kit form mid summer.View attachment 464549
Cant wait for this one and still salivating over the Sat 4

Latest posts

Back