Two new NewWay kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the NewWay kits! Very unique.
I've got 5 built, working on the Starship Deceptor now. Six more in the build pile.
And based on a posting I saw, I can't wait for the Andromeda!

I hope they keep working on their Saturn IV and Gantry. I believe it will be a big seller.

We had a setback on the 3D printer and the top part of the Saturn IV isn’t printing right. I’ve also had to increase the size of the fins and lots of nose weight. I’m still hopeful for it. I’m currently waiting on a new machine.
The andromeda like rocket is called the USS Element. It’s twin engine powered. I’ve only built the prototype, but went ahead and painted it to work out finishing details. Hope to have it in kit form mid summer.D819B6DE-527C-4F91-80D5-54A586277D06.jpeg

Wow, Rick! That one is pretty amazing.

It's too bad I didn't see that Squared Max to get in on the first run. It would have been fun to have for NSL.

Thanks, Rick, For the update on the Saturn IV. This is the first time I have seen a picture of the USS Element.
You can count me in on one or two maybe three or four with different paint schemes.
Don't give up on the Saturn.

Count me in for 1 or more Saturn V's if it works out ! Fingers crossed ! I have the Big Bessie and love it.

I'm kind of impressed by a square 3-fin rocket.
This is the beauty of the assembly design of the Squared Max.
A fiberboard jig is included which you glue together.
3 slots are precut in the airframe, but setting the correct angles of those fins would be difficult without a jig or guide. (Cuz there are 3 fins and 4 sides).
Voila.
0701210104[1].jpg
0701210106[1].jpg
The jig sets the angle for two of the fins.
Here it's dry fitted cuz the motor mount is not in yet.
The third fin is perpendicular to the airframe so it doesn't need a special jig.
It is glued on after the tack joints on the other two have dried.
Just a 90 degree square piece of fiberboard or your eyeball will ensure the perpendicularity there.
Very well designed.

If you add a little chair at the top of the Birdie it would look like a tennis umpire chair/stand:) Fault!

Back