Two new LOC builds...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugs914

Beware of the leopard.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Both of these were built pretty much out of the bag except for things like shock cords and motor retention.

The first is a LOC Aura with a paint job pirated from the WAC Corporal. It is called, of course, the LOC Corporal. :eyeroll:

The second is a LOC Onyx called "Das Fliegenschwein" (The Flying Pig). The paint job was inspired by the Porsche 917-20 that ran at Le Mans in 1971. It was also short and fat and was painted like a butcher's guide by the Porsche styling department. Seemed to be appropriate for the Onyx.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

IMG_20160925_134253[1].jpg

IMG_20160925_134214[1].jpg

IMG_20160925_134021[1].jpg

IMG_20160925_134147[1].jpg

IMG_20160925_134121[1].jpg

IMG_20160925_134139[1].jpg

How am I just now seeing this? Awesome job on both but that Onyx takes the cake. I am a self confessed Onyx lover, easily my favorite rocket.

Wow! Thanks guys! Very kind words and much appreciated.

There are a few more decals that need to go on the Onyx. Mark at Stickershock is going to be making the number circles and sponsor logos to finish off the race car look (As soon as I get off the bench and get the measurements to him!).

What motors do you like for the Onyx Jarrett? This is my first one...

For CTI motors I dig the G80 Skid. For AT motors I like both the 120 loads. Mine is stretched a bit so there is more room inside for silly stuff. Mine likes the H250g a heck of a lot. Makes for a great flight if you have the recovery room. All in all thought I have flown just about every G and H through mine. Between the two I have had, they are easily my most flown. I need to get around to building another one pretty soon. My stretched Onyx is getting a little long in the tooth.

Thanks guys! You are very kind...

Thanks for the data Jarrett. Das Fliegenschwein will most likely make it's first flights on E and F motors at the local launch (1000' - 1500' waiver), then head out to the desert for the big hardware!

Funny thing about the Aura, mine is an Aerobee. I guess they lend themselves to convert to sounding rockets. Good luck with the flights.

Back