Twitch Dual Deploy Level 2 Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have an RRC2+, but I doubt you'll need 3, 1/4" vent holes for that. For my RRC3 in a 4" diameter rocket, I have 3, 11/64" holes. Check your manual, it may have suggestions for vent hole sizing.

Here's a screenshot from an app called Rocket Calculator. I'm sure this is approximate, but I'm sure it's relatively close. Definitely don't need 1/4". Personally, I'd go with the 5/32 or 3/16 holes. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1478340666.234684.jpg

Eggfinder instructions say three-quarter inch holes for my size Av Bay.

The holes are already drilled my question is can I have too many holes or to much area, to correct my rivet issue I need to drill 2 more holes.

Total Cost to build the Mad Cow Dual Deploy Twitch, keep in mind I got this Rocket on sale for $99.00.

Thanks to Black Friday I finished buying everything....................

$946.82

Not counting items I had on hand and other miscellaneous sundries...

I have to finish my charge canisters, still deciding which method to use. Install the main and assemble the engine.

Then fly this Baby........

Lol, that's a chunk of change. But remember, a lot of those items will be used for future builds as well, so not a completely accurate cost analysis for just one rocket. Hope the flight goes well!

Level 2 Success today at Camden, SC

4318ft.

Egg Finder worked great, both on deployments and letting me walk right up to the rocket.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1481493388.341765.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1481493312.677138.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1481493322.049622.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on a successful cert flight and on depressing me for the rest of the day with this list. This is why my wife needs to stay far away from this forum.

No. Joke. I had to make sure to cleverly distract my wife from the bank account the week I bought my L3 motor...

Congrats on the flight!

I'm a current parachute rigger, so I know the feeling you posted about earlier on.
I swear, I find myself doing surgeons knot, locking knot, or three alternating half hitches with a knot in the running end with everything. :)
You're not alone my friend!

Back