TWA @Bong 01.19.2019, anyone attending?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering who's goin' and what ya bring'n?

I'm also hoping that Wildman will be attending?

I'm hoping to have my DarkStar Jr, LOC Goblin and PemTech SGM ready for the 19th. First flights for all. Also tagging along will be my modded Big Daddy, Madcow Momba and Estes Super Neon XL.

I won't be able to make it to this one...but maybe the next.

We normally attend the TWA January launch...one of my favorite Bong launches of the year!

Unfortunately have a birthday party on the 19th.

Have fun, stay warm, enjoy the best time of the year to fly at The Bong!

Oh the weather..... sigh.

Forecast for Saturday
Snow Accumulation: 1-4 inches (Beginning Friday evening)
Temps: 22 °F @9am
Winds: NE @12~15 Mph
Cloud Cover: 95%~100% @3000 Ft.

I'm tempted to rent a 4 wheeler if TWA doesn't cancel.

I’ve got more batches that need filtering, and I need to prep my seminar for CiderCon, so I wasn’t going to be able to linger anyway.

But I really wanted to pick up some more conformal rail guides from Tim! I’m out. Maybe next week for WOOSH.

I’ve got more batches that need filtering, and I need to prep my seminar for CiderCon, so I wasn’t going to be able to linger anyway.

But I really wanted to pick up some more conformal rail guides from Tim! I’m out. Maybe next week for WOOSH.

Woosh is my next target also. keeping fingers and toes crossed....

Compared to the 2008 FWD Chevy Cobalt I normally drive, It would be insurance against getting stuck in a snow drift, along with a lot more room for my larger rockets.
Alas TWA has canceled the January launch. :(

Yes you are right you might need a 4 wheeler to get to launch site. Most of the time once a few have made a path it's not a problem. My 2 wheel drive Traverse has not had problems but it sits a little higher than the Cobalt.
I to have Hope's for WOOSH.

See ya all

I had to go on two service calls today... One to the Art Institute in Chicago, and one on the way back in Bartlett... I worked from 10:00A to 3:30P today. Hopefully I won't have to go out again... It's getting colder and windy... :(:(

>>> TWA@Bong 03.09.2018 <<<

Forecast says rain starting around Noon. :(
Any chance the launch will not be cancelled?

Frank posted on the Tripoli Wisconsin site (in the Forum) that the launch is likely to be cancelled due to impending weather. No official word yet, but the weather for both days looks quite poor.

Frank posted on the Tripoli Wisconsin site (in the Forum) that the launch is likely to be cancelled due to impending weather. No official word yet, but the weather for both days looks quite poor.

Duh, I forgot to check there. Thx!

Back