Turkey Shoot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Burger

Reaction score
The Turkey Shoot in Jean NV this weekend should be a pretty good one. I am going to be checking in and watching some of the rockets go up for a change! Always making the motors. Never get to watch. :(

I know of at least one N2000 going up and multiple M's. They are expecting a good turnout so anyone in the area, hope to see ya there.

Joe
AeroTech

I have to laugh when I read this post.

I always think back to the time a friend of mine and I took his wife to a turkey shoot and she was so upset because she thought we were going to shoot turkeys!

She actually had fun...she couldn't hit anything...but had fun.

We told her she was going to set her skeet free and run wild!

sandman

sandman, sandman, sandman.... 'tis not a good idea to mess with a woman's head like that.... they never forget... and they ALWAYS get even.

OK I give, what acctually is turkey shoot if its not shooting turkeys?

At "turkey shoots," you actually just shoot at a target. They can score the targets any number of different ways - most pellets in the center circle, single pellet closest to the center, etc. Prizes for winning any particular round can also be lots of different things. I've been to turkey shoots where the prizes were such things as sides of bacon, hams, turkeys, cases of shotgun shells, - even fifths of alcohol (no, there was no drinking going on at the shoot).

Great American fun. :D :kill:

Around here the local Lions clubs and the fire departments put on "Turkey Shoots' and we shoot skeet.

sandman

Originally posted by Mike
OK I give, what acctually is turkey shoot if its not shooting turkeys?

Although the answers given are correct, this particular Turkey Shoot is the name that was given for this annual rocket launch in Las Vegas.

Originally posted by SwingWing
How do you cook "skeet"?

Well, now, that depends. Are we talkin about Eastern Skeet or Western Skeet? The eastern variety tends to be smaller and more tender, "cornfed" as it were. The westerns are more elusive and tend to be a little gamey. BBQ is a fine choice, slow roasted on a spit, or the crockpot for the western type. Anybody else got a good Skeet recipe? How about a Snipe recipe?

In recent years, I have been more inclined towards deep-fried skeet vice roasting in the oven. I love how juicy and tender they turn out.

We tend to get farm raised skeet around here, not too many wild skeet to be had:(

Originally posted by NUBlackshirts
In recent years, I have been more inclined towards deep-fried skeet vice roasting in the oven. I love how juicy and tender they turn out.

WOW, and all these years I had been thinking that skeets were too hard to eat........ So many good recipes........

Back