EVENT Turkey & GRITS 2022 - November 26-27 - Registration Open!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyAtl

Reaction score
Turkey & GRITS (Georgia Rockets In The Sky) 2022 is just a couple of months away! Thanksgiving Weekend, November 26-27. Visit the website at https://gritslaunch.com and register. Everything is the same as last year (well, one of the motels became a Red Roof Inn while we weren't looking). Still near Tifton, GA in the town of Nashville. Just $35 for two days or $20 for one day. 14000 ft altitude limit for high power. Chris' Rocket Supplies will be there.

hoping good fortune for you, what rocket are you going to use?

Thanks! I'm using this one:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/a-level-2-cert-with-cardboard-build-thread.169242/

The J615ST is paid for, waiting for pickup at the launch!

I still have an EZI-65 and an Expediter from back when. Saw them both on an old video Tom just sent to me from Freedom Launch '97 last night! Either would be an easy back up flight on baby-J with motor eject if there's a problem with that one! I'm ready. :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

Enough of me, who else is planning to go?

Please post the launch status. I just checked the forecast and it's now looking like rain for the weekend.
Right now, rain is predicted (30-50% chance depending on which site I look at) starting Saturday afternoon and ending early Sunday morning. We'll head up that way on Friday unless the weather forecast gets worse. We'll be a vendor at the event.

-- Roger

P.S.: We've experienced worse weather for GRITS (but still ended up with a great day of flying):

I don't want to jinx it, but the weather forecast now looks good for Saturday and not too bad on Sunday.

We are at the KOA campground near Tifton. It's about a half-hour from the launch site, so we will try to be there early in the morning on Saturday to set up.

First timer here, got in late (Adel, Hampton Inn). Hoping to put up several flights in the 5,000-11,000ft range and set some personal records.

Starr Orbiter will get its maiden flight:

D6733DBD-ABB2-4BCD-8F4A-D51EC984667E.jpeg

I also have three used rockets for sale: a nice PML Tethys (54mm), a LOC Onyx (29mm), and a LOC Lil’ Nuke (29mm). Hit me up, I’ll be the guy in the White Prius C.

Last edited:
What did you get to launch?

I did put up my trusty little Arreaux on an F52-5T that just kissed the clouds. Perfect altitude, and landed near the pad because I took time to mount the Eggfinder Mini and get it connected to new devices.

The weather wasn't in my favor today. Ceiling was probably 1500-2000', and I just didn't have many combinations to stay under that. At ~5k', my 3" L2 flight on J615 wasn't going to happen. I like watching the other flights and looking around, so I didn't really dig too deep for alternative flights.

I did bring the Tomorrow Rocket (built to fly the next day), and an H250G that would have been good, but bits and pieces sidelined it. I'll run the numbers for ol' Next Day Air on that H250G tonight in hopes the field conditions will be worthy tomorrow.

More of @jhill9693 and Miss Riley, nice touchdown:
IMG_8709.JPG

IMG_8745.JPG

Latest posts

Back