Turing Programming

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL-P

Reaction score
We're starting Turing in my gr. 10 Computer Science class. Anyone know of some really good sites?

Originally posted by GL-P
We're starting Turing in my gr. 10 Computer Science class. Anyone know of some really good sites?

There was a very good Turing type program called MegaHAL. See if you can locate that. Rather than trying to be too sophisticated, it made use of the human tendency to see sense where there was none.

By the way, the Turing test as originally formulated and presently carried out is fatally flawed as a cognitive test. The testees and the testors know they're in a test. A proper Turing test with adequate control would have groups of three with none, 1, 2 or 3 being human, both human and program would be tested after to see if they determined what the others were, and nobody involved except the experimenters would know until after that a test was going on. Turing was not an experimental psychologist, but his test is a psychology experiment.

As far as making sensical sentences, ask your dad about the Bayesian filter busters and Hipcrime. There have been some very good programs by some not very nice people.

Are you talking about something else? I'm talking about the introductory program to programming called Turing invented by Rick Holt

Are you talking about something else? I'm talking about the introductory program to programming called Turing invented by Rick Holt

I guess so. I was talking about AI programming. The test for a "real" AI is called the Turing Test.

Nevermind.

Sounds cool though. I asked my dad about it anyway. Interesting topic!!!

Interesting topic!!!
I think so. AI was one of my top subjects at Uni.

The creator of the Turing Test, Alan Turing, had a very interesting involvemnt in the Second World War, and the birth of computers. Do a google on 'turing bletchley colossus', and follow a few of the links.

Back