Turbine Powered R/C Rocket Spacecraft

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t be the worst thing I’ve been in for! Progress has no fear.

Hahaha...I can just see it. Sitting in your cell and your cellmate asks “what are you in for”? Flying my RC plane too high....Yuk Yuk.

You think this is funny? Your actions can adversely affect every one of us.

Durafly Me-163s are often available on EBay and in the classified ads over on RC Groups. It would be a far less expensive undertaking than what you want to try.

The FAA does offer ceiling height increases under certain cirumstances.

Having said that, your very high altitude RC rocket glider with a turbine sustainer is a really bad idea. I own two turbine powered RC aircraft, am a very experienced RC pilot and have flown RC rocket gliders since 1981. I would not think about attempting what you describe.

Better to work your way up through low and mid power RC RGs.

FYI, the legal ceiling for R/C aircraft is 400' AGL, or as specified by the FAA. Flying to 34,500' is going to get you a lot of attention from people that you really don't want to be dealing with... and a few years sitting in an itty bitty room to think about it afterwards.
Thanks! I was going to note something to that effect, but figured I'd let others chime in. ;)
For the sake of discussion (and legalities and practicalities aside), can you even have a consumer system capable of controlling something that far up? (I have no idea.)

You think this is funny? Your actions can adversely affect every one of us.
I wouldn’t sweat it too much - the chances of the OP building whatever it is he/she has been describing (I’m still not sure if it’s a rocket or an R/C glider or some kind of rocket shaped high altitude R/C plane) are about as likely as pre-teen me building the electric trolling motor powered blimp out of an old life raft I sketched on my notebook cover during a boring social studies lesson...

I’ll upload photos aluminum is being cut as we speak sorry you all have no vision or are afraid. but it’s going to be a fun ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back